CrazyBoards.org

got paranoid schizophrenia. what could these symptoms be?

so i have had schiz since i was 15 and was diagnosed 2002. so im now a 24 year old male adult... anyway over the passed couple of months my mood keeps changing A LOT and also my way of thinking.. its like a circle. one minute im REALLY happy and invincable and cant stop laughing and talking to myself. next minute i hate everyone and want to hurt them emotionally. also sometimes LIKE being hurt. then sometimes i feel nothing and have no emotion. its like this all day. on and off like a light switch. anyway im on 1000mg of seroquel xr. 400morning 600 night. my paranoia is mostly gone and i can actually leave the house now. anxiety is under control as well. my only problem is that mood thing, if you can call it that. and yes ive been on ALL the atypicals and some of the older ones. seroquel xr works the best for me even better than that so called miracle drug clozapine... forget about med advice what do you guys think of my mood problem....

Guest Vapourware

I'd hazard a guess and say there's some issues with emotional regulation? Especially with the rapid switches in mood. Do you see a therapist?

dont mean to be rude but isnt Seroquel XR also meant to be a mood stabilizer as well as an antipsychotic? im on 1000mg of that but ive heard of some people that have been up to 1500mg??? yeah i have a pdoc ofcouse. i mean how else would i get the script for seroquel xr?? im in aus

Seroquel can be used as a mood stabilizer in some cases, but it doesn't work out that way for everyone. You may need something in addition for controlling your moods. The best person to talk to would be your pdoc as you are already over the max recommended dose of seroquel and it isn't doing much for you mood wise.

It's not that unusual to be on more than one med, each targeting different symptoms.

Anna

Archived