CrazyBoards.org

Is this your first 'experience' with Psychosis? Is it the first time you've spoken about you experiencing hallucinations/delusions to your doctor? I always thought, and I was told by my doc that you have to be monitored first before being called Psychotic? I may be wrong but..

"Monitored?"

What does that mean?

A doctor can tell a patient is psychotic at a normal office visit.

Watched over a period of time to see if the symptoms persist or disappear. To watch to see if it is actually Psychosis, or something else like Dissociation, or just anxiety.

Unless it's a really incompetent clinician or an extremely unusual presentation, those three aren't very similar in terms of appearance or symptoms at all.

Duration of an episode doesn't really have much to do with differentiating those three, either.

Well my now old doc and the team were monitoring me, to see whether or not my psychosis is actually psychosis, or more related to dissociation because i've had an alter in the past but she's gone, I think. i don't see them anymore, because i'm moving.

Unless it's a really incompetent clinician or an extremely unusual presentation, those three aren't very similar in terms of appearance or symptoms at all.

Duration of an episode doesn't really have much to do with differentiating those three, either.

Well my now old doc and the team were monitoring me, to see whether or not my psychosis is actually psychosis, or more related to dissociation because i've had an alter in the past but she's gone, I think. i don't see them anymore, because i'm moving.

That was your experience and it sounds like there were reasons to monitor you. You situation is not the norm for psychotic presentations like those of papertrees, who has schizoaffective disorder and history of psychosis. It usually is best to not assume your own experience is shared by everyone else. And, in general, when people w/psychotic diagnoses here are describing psychotic symptoms, we suggest that psychosis is probable and strongly recommend they see their doc asap. This is called erring on the side of caution.

I was just asking if the OP had experienced it before, because from the amount of time i've been here i've only seen her talk about her ED. She didn't state she is Schizoaffective so how was I to know? Get out of my grill.

Becoming combative and irate every time someone disagrees with you isn't acceptable.

I think you've really gotten off on the wrong foot in our community. Please consider taking a step back before you post things like this. We are adults here and have a (pretty low, considering) standard of behavior.

I said worse things in my blog comments, but lol okay. Just for your info stop trying to go out of your way to make a snide or rude comment towards whatever contribution I have to the thread/blog. Alright? I'm not the only person who feels this way.

I was just asking if the OP had experienced it before, because from the amount of time i've been here i've only seen her talk about her ED. She didn't state she is Schizoaffective so how was I to know? Get out of my grill.

Becoming combative and irate every time someone disagrees with you isn't acceptable.

I think you've really gotten off on the wrong foot in our community. Please consider taking a step back before you post things like this. We are adults here and have a (pretty low, considering) standard of behavior.

Knowing that MNIIF most likely does not want my input nor my opinion, I concur with dianthus. Step back, consider, contemplate, and think thrice before simply regurgitating.

get off my grill in other words means 'leave me alone'

also, creating another username when you've been suspended is just... clever.

I made it so I could respond to the message I got, because I was busy on another site and BAM I couldn't do anything.

I think it's quite upsetting that you've had to go to the lengths of banning me?

get off my grill in other words means 'leave me alone'

also, creating another username when you've been suspended is just... clever.

I made it so I could respond to the message I got, because I was busy on another site and BAM I couldn't do anything.

I think it's quite upsetting that you've had to go to the lengths of banning me?

1) You weren't banned. You were suspended for one week.

2) It wasn't Dianthus who decided to suspend you. I did.

I said worse things in my blog comments, but lol okay. Just for your info stop trying to go out of your way to make a snide or rude comment towards whatever contribution I have to the thread/blog. Alright? I'm not the only person who feels this way.

Nobody likes me. It's okay. It's part of my job. So trying to get to me by saying no one likes me won't work. That's really kind of low and manipulative, but that's consistent with your behavior since you got here.

I adore you. Of course, it's entirely possible that nobody likes me either, but at least we have each other!

Was this split from another thread?

I haven't had a pdoc tell me I was psychotic. They react to how I describe things. Like when I told him people were using mind control he upped my anti-psychotic, but he didn't disagree with me. and when I told him people were watching and following me but I could think it through, he didn't say I was being paranoid, he let me try to take care of it on my own. When I came out of my last episode I had numerous delusions. It scared me that I had thought all those things. When I told my pdoc he said I had already told me a lot of it. It just hadn't hit me that they sounded strange. My pdoc wants to see me more often when I'm not doing well, but he doesn't wait to monitor me before treating my symptoms.

Sasha Sue stated to mynameisiforgot: "1) You weren't banned. You were suspended for one week. 2) It wasn't Dianthus who decided to suspend you. I did."

Was she notified that she was suspended for a week?

She was suspended during this post for telling someone to leave her alone? "Get off my grill" as her horrible words, followed by a (not unwarranted) request for dianthus to stop coming at her.

Wow.

An appropriate response would be for her to be left alone by the person she is having issue with (kind of like when a woman says "no" it actually means no), or for more sensitive conversation to ensue.

This is blatant abuse of 'power,' unless there are other infractions that we can be made aware of (and read).

Sasha Sue stated to mynameisiforgot: "1) You weren't banned. You were suspended for one week. 2) It wasn't Dianthus who decided to suspend you. I did."

She was suspended during this post for telling dianthus to leave her alone? Wow.

An appropriate response would be for her to be left alone by the person she is having issue with (kind of like when a woman says "no" it actually means no).

This is blatant abuse of 'power,' unless there are other infractions that we can be made aware of (and read).

Have you read every post by the OP of this particular thread? Methinks not.

Me also thinks that stating the following: "light and amusing touches of OCD" about a real horrible illness is neither "light" nor "amusing."

If you want to go and read every other post she has made then by all means go ahead and search them yourself! If you expect the mods to bow down to you and re-post everything then I highly doubt your wish shall be granted.

llama44, that was pointlessly rude.

From what I can see, this is a 2-page topic, which, yes, I read from start to finish. Nothing in it warranting banning of mynameisiforgot. If there is more to read, it does not easily show on this page.

My OCD is light and amusing, to me and those who know me. I have not commented on yours, which I assure you would elicit only sympathy and care from me.

1. This thread was split off from another so the other thread could remain productive.

2. We notify users of suspensions, though if they don't give an email address that they check in our records or choose to not let admins contact them, they don't get the communication of the suspension.

3. Members generally aren't ever suspended for one incident, but instead for persistent behavior that disrupts the board in some way or another.

4. OCD is neither light nor amusing. OCD is hell. I would take the same issue with "light and amusing paranoid schizophrenia" or "light and amusing severe depression." Mental illnesses, by their very definitions, are serious, life-altering, and painful. That's not funny, and there's little that I get offended by.

If you have any more questions about the inner workings of this site, please ask away.

1. Thank you - if mynameisiforgot lets me know what that prior thread is, I can go read it.

2. I do not know if this is always followed, but it is a fair practice if so. Maybe a note could be added during signup stating that, if suspended, a member will only know if they provide an e-mail address.

3. Sounds like a fair policy.

4. "Light and amusing touches of OCD" is part of my signature. Touches of OCD being the key words. It CAN be had in light touches (as hundreds of thousands of people world-over can attest to). It is very, very different from schizophrenia and depression, and PTSD (the latter of which is also part of my signature), none of which occur lightly even in the slightest manifestation. But, if that is the worst that can be dished out unnecessarily, please feel free to run with it if you need to (my mother still loves to speak of my great flaw of lying about leaving the tuna fish can out on the patio when I was ten years old - so our very hungry cats would have food ... I can also live with that as 'the big bad!').

I have worked very, very hard to keep it at a light and amusing level (when it was, in middle school, not at all so). I will state light and amusing all day long. I have earned it.

As I stated to llama44, "My OCD is light and amusing, to me and those who know me. I have not commented on yours, which I assure you would elicit only sympathy and care from me."

I think that, on a site where people continually joke about their illnesses and call themselves crazy, the above comments by you and llama44 are just witch hunting. There is no witch here. Hunt elsewhere, please. I come to this site with compassion and an open mind, not a torch.

Archived