CrazyBoards.org

Trying something new...Effexor XR

For those of you who have been following my posts, I'm taking meds for GAD and OCD, and have been having some troubles finding the right one.

Most recently I've been taking Zoloft which was okay, but after discussing everything with my doctor, we decided to try something else...so starting Saturday I'm going to be taking Effexor XR.

I'm hoping that this one will be right...I'm sick of being a guinea pig and having to try this and that to be able to function like a normal person.

I'm hoping that this one will be right...I'm sick of being a guinea pig and having to try this and that to be able to function like a normal person.

Fingers crossed, right? I've taken Effexor XR, but it "activated" me, made me feel on edge. It was very hard for ME to come off of. I had to taper to Cymbalta, and it took about 4 months. My doctor said it's a good drug to get you our of a deep funk. However, it lifted me to a new anger, agitation.

I'm hoping it works for you! We are all different, so what is one person's hell, is one person's heaven.

I took my first pill about an hour and a half ago.

I'm feeling fine, no side effects so far, thank goodness...so hopefully it'll work out okay. It seems like it's a bit of an energizing pill for me...I was super tired before taking it, and now I'm much less so...pretty alert for sure which is too bad because I really wanted to take a nap because I hardly slept last night...but oh well.

I'll keep updating :)

Archived