CrazyBoards.org

Lamictal: What's your dosage and how do you take it?

Hi everyone

I was wondering what your dosage is of Lamictal. Also do you take it in one dose or divided dose (once in the morning and once at night). I currently take a total of 200 mg. I take 100 mg in the morning and 100 mg at night.

250 mg in the morning. And I take it at the same hour every day. If I forget, I start feeling strange within 2-3 hours late. The other day I forgot and did not have a chance to take it until 7 hours late, I was barely functional that day and it was a miracle that I did not have an accident while driving home. I am considering switching to twice a day dosing to minimize the effect of a late dose in the future.

250 mg in the morning. And I take it at the same hour every day. If I forget, I start feeling strange within 2-3 hours late. The other day I forgot and did not have a chance to take it until 7 hours late, I was barely functional that day and it was a miracle that I did not have an accident while driving home. I am considering switching to twice a day dosing to minimize the effect of a late dose in the future.

What did you experience by not taking it at the same time?

The other day I forgot and did not have a chance to take it until 7 hours late, I was barely functional that day and it was a miracle that I did not have an accident while driving home.

Increased anxiety. Shivering, shaking. Prickly / skin crawling sensation. Felt wobbly when walking around. Perceptions different, more light sensitive, sounds felt different, harder to estimate distances, air seemed sort of "solid" like water. Basically felt like I was on drugs. However, I am very sensitive to little changes in dosage, so your mileage may vary, you may not feel anything different if you skip one day (still, skipping a day is not recommended!)

The other day I forgot and did not have a chance to take it until 7 hours late, I was barely functional that day and it was a miracle that I did not have an accident while driving home.

Increased anxiety. Shivering, shaking. Prickly / skin crawling sensation. Felt wobbly when walking around. Perceptions different, more light sensitive, sounds felt different, harder to estimate distances, air seemed sort of "solid" like water. Basically felt like I was on drugs. However, I am very sensitive to little changes in dosage, so your mileage may vary, you may not feel anything different if you skip one day (still, skipping a day is not recommended!)

I wonder if should make sure I take it at the same time every day. I definitely don't right now.

Thank you guys for the info about taking Lamictal at the same time. I'm going to try it. I am sensitive to meds, so maybe this will help me with some issues I'm dealing with

I take 400 mgs. But because I also take carbamazepine which cuts the blood level in about half, my effective dosage is just slightly above 200 mgs. I'm not doing too well at this dosage, and I thought I did much better at 300 mgs. I take it 200 in the morning and 200 in the evening. Pdoc wanted me to take it all in the morning, but the prescribing information suggests a divided dose.

I take 200mg at night, 9pm on the dot when my phone alarm goes off. Before setting the phone alarm, I was taking within a 3-4 hour range (whatever bedtime was that night) and sometimes missing it all together. Missing a dose of Lamictal gives me the worst non-migraine headaches ever, and a horrible feeling almost like I'm coming down with the flu. Hence the phone alarm.

If you don't notice a difference now, don't worry about the time you take it. I'm super sensitive. Just don't forget to take your meds!

I've been taking 200-250mg for five years now. I take it anywhere between 6pm and midnight without feeling anything. That holds for all of my meds. I think the impact of med timing is an individual thing.

The manufacturer recommends that amounts over 200mg be taken in a divided dose.

I've been wondering this question for myself. I'm also taking Trileptal so I have the dosage reduction thing. I also get strong dreams and often wake up after dream cycles. I counted what people stated they did with their doses and the count is currently 5 split, 4 bedtime, 4 daytime. I take mine at night because the doctor told me to. I tried taking it split dosage for a week or two and it was fine, I didn't find it sedating or anything but I think I got lazy splitting the pills and just put it back into PM. The thing is I take so many meds I can't tell exactly what does what, it's hard to tell. It's interesting that this question came up. I think I might try doing the split dosage thing also to see if it makes my medications more leveled out.

Archived