CrazyBoards.org

So, a couple of months ago, I was diagnosed with depression by my doctor. The problem is that since then I've switched doctors. I told my new doctor that I was diagnosed with depression, and he's been working from there. I'm not sure what I'm worried about, really, because I don't particularly doubt the diagnosis - my symptoms fit. It just doesn't feel like a real diagnosis, because I was the one who suggested it to my first doctor, so she didn't test for anything else, just focused on the symptoms that do fit depression. Also, because my new doctor just took the whole thing at face value, and it feels like he's just treating me without knowing anything about my situation. He didn't even put me through their paper test again, so he has no idea how severe my depression is or anything.

The whole thing just seems a bit bogus to me. Am I just being silly?

Thanks,

Nicole

I suggested to my doctor that I was depressed several years ago, he agreed (after a discussion of my symptoms) and that was that. I've never taken any tests. If you feel like your life is over, or you've lost interest in your favorite activities, or you can't get out of bed in the morning, those are pretty good indicators of depression.

olga

Archived