CrazyBoards.org

The older AP's are perfectly good drugs which have been useful for over 50 years. They do NOT have a "high" rate of TD, though it is higher than most of the AAP's.

Of course, if you are the guy who gets TD, the percentages aren't much consolation. Still, don't dismiss a whole class, on one response. You still have to try each med and see how your body reacts.

a.m.

where's your references?

The older AP's are perfectly good drugs which have been useful for over 50 years. They do NOT have a "high" rate of TD, though it is higher than most of the AAP's.

Of course, if you are the guy who gets TD, the percentages aren't much consolation. Still, don't dismiss a whole class, on one response. You still have to try each med and see how your body reacts.

a.m.

where's your references?

Heh. Just what are you asking him to cite?

a.m.

where's your references?

It's called The PDR. I've looked at it once or twice. Do you have a question about a specific med? (I won't research a whole class).

A good starting point for personal research is http://www.rxlist.com/

A

You just made a sweeping generalization about a whole class of meds by saying "They do NOT have a "high" rate of TD, though it is higher than most of the AAP's." without really backing it up, how am i supposed to know that is true? of course you can watch an advertisement on TV about reglan causing TD(lawsuit) and people getting reimbursed by the manufacturer for the disabling side effect and that can be used as solid proof, i have no proof here.

Not unlike a specific post i made that said, don't just add a med like benadryl without first consulting with your doctor. Especially since, sedating medications can act together to depress the respiratory drive(in every drug interaction website). and especially if u had something comorbid that no one knew of like sleep apnea, COPD, or asthma. I also said something like tylenol has the highest accidental overdose rate of drugs on the market, and i didnt really back that up. which i admitted was a mistake.

(just a discernment)

Blart752:

My only issue with AirMarshall's post, from a scientific perspective, is that he didn't define "high". Except I think he purposely left it undefined, so as to note that the TD rate isn't nearly as high as, say, the akathisia rate, or the syncope rate. Which is true, if you bother to look at the PI sheet.

Relgan is an antiemetic. It's used to treat heartburn, nausea, and vomiting on a short term basis. It's not an antipsychotic, it has no psychiatric use, and a lawsuit certainly doesn't mean jack shit to a scientist. I'm not seeing how Relgan is at all relevant to this conversation.

Drug interaction checkers flag virtually every combination of drugs as potentially dangerous, even if that danger is purely theoretical. I have never heard of respiratory depression from antipsychotics, diphenhydramine, or any combination of the two. I'll stand corrected if someone can show me otherwise. And how the hell can you possibly have undiagnosed asthma or COPD without having to spend some serious time in the doctor's office? COPD especially.

Yes, acetaminophen can turn your liver into mush very quickly. Again, I completely fail to see how that's relevant to this thread.

And finally, you're still being a gigantic asshole. You've been told to stop it several times in the past 24 hours. If you don't feel like you can post without being a jackass, take a break.

Blart752:

My only issue with AirMarshall's post, from a scientific perspective, is that he didn't define "high". Except I think he purposely left it undefined, so as to note that the TD rate isn't nearly as high as, say, the akathisia rate, or the syncope rate. Which is true, if you bother to look at the PI sheet.

Relgan is an antiemetic. It's used to treat heartburn, nausea, and vomiting on a short term basis. It's not an antipsychotic, it has no psychiatric use, and a lawsuit certainly doesn't mean jack shit to a scientist. I'm not seeing how Relgan is at all relevant to this conversation.

Drug interaction checkers flag virtually every combination of drugs as potentially dangerous, even if that danger is purely theoretical. I have never heard of respiratory depression from antipsychotics, diphenhydramine, or any combination of the two. I'll stand corrected if someone can show me otherwise. And how the hell can you possibly have undiagnosed asthma or COPD without having to spend some serious time in the doctor's office? COPD especially.

Yes, acetaminophen can turn your liver into mush very quickly. Again, I completely fail to see how that's relevant to this thread.

And finally, you're still being a gigantic asshole. You've been told to stop it several times in the past 24 hours. If you don't feel like you can post without being a jackass, take a break.

agree, it isn't relevant, but it shows that information just doesn't come from some website, it comes from other mediums of information as well.

fine ill take a break.

reglan relates because it is one pharmaceutical that's been clearly shown to cause TD, and the only one in which lawsuits from TD are being lodged against the drug manufacturer.

one other question, do doctors see a person with sleep apnea or COPD, and hesitate to prescribe them seroquel or any other heavily sedating antipscyhotic. not that i know of or have heard.

here's a link: http://www.drugs.com...-1617,1979-1274 and on the side of script bottles reads "do not take with alcohol"

do i really come off as charlie sheen? or worse tom cruise?

Blart, you come off as an immature brat stomping around. Not nearly old enough to be compared to Charlie or Tom.

Taking a break would be a good idea.

Calling your pdoc for an appt would be smart, too. Bug them until they cave and give you one. Persistence works. I think we are perhaps seeing what you think your parents are seeing. It is irritating and says your judgment is a little impaired, or you really are very young.

Eveyrthing is true, but personalizing things and making me seem irritating, takes the objectiveness out of a decision that can be made over the internet.

I really dont know how u picture me.

Right now I'm picturing you as someone sufficiently self involved to derail an entire thread by forcing multiple mods to address you petulance.

Archived