CrazyBoards.org

Hi.

I didn't know where to put this so I hope I have put it in the right place.

Basically I this evil gang of creatures living inside me who are trying to control me and turn me into them and also manipulate me. They have been around for about 4 1/2 years now, and in this time the thought control has been gotten a lot worse progressively. I do get 'breaks' occasionally, when I find it much easier to cope and also the frequency reduces to only a few times or a couple of times in the day and also the nature of the inserted thoughts are less destructive also. But like now it has been really bad, lots of times a day and destructive thoughts that I know they are not mine. I have been on my current 'bad do' for about 6 months at present and am recovering from a state of complete takeover by these evil creatures between Oct-Dec 2010.

What I need is more of has anyone here got any good coping strategies for to make this go away.

I have an appointment coming up with a psychiatrist but the stress of this is even making the situation worse (these creatures always 'get me when I am down') and I am convinced now that he is just going to accuse me of making it all up because that is what they all say - family, friends, medical professionals of all shapes and sizes. Just because you can't see something directly does not mean it is not there. I should know, I regularly see things that other people don't see and they are there or I would not see them.

Plus I need coping strategies not meds because this is the route cause of my mental symptoms and not a symptom itself. How can anything other than an actual forcefield on my mind can stop the thought control?? And I have tried talking therapies too, and prayer healing. Talking therapies make no difference to the actions of these evil creatures - I cannot control somebody else's actions. And prayer healing made me even worse.

Sorry the post was so long. Hope that somebody can decipher something out of this if there is anything out there that can help reduce the effect of the thought control.

Thanks in advance.

- enlightened_plutonian

Hi.

Thought insertion and thought control have to really suck. I really think the pdoc will believe you. Pdocs are the professionals in this stuff. Yours will know what you are talking about. Some nervousness about the first appt makes sense, but really, it is something to look forward to happening. When is your appointment?

Your mind makes decisions. It decides how what to do. That is its power. Deciding to take medicine is the way to stop the thought insertion and control. That's the best coping strategy there is.

Hi.

Thought insertion and thought control have to really suck. I really think the pdoc will believe you. Pdocs are the professionals in this stuff. Yours will know what you are talking about. Some nervousness about the first appt makes sense, but really, it is something to look forward to happening. When is your appointment?

Your mind makes decisions. It decides how what to do. That is its power. Deciding to take medicine is the way to stop the thought insertion and control. That's the best coping strategy there is.

Thanks :rolleyes: My appointment is next month. I've been waiting ages so I know it is stupid to not go. I am just going on past experience but this guy is someone I have not seen before.

I have an appointment coming up with a psychiatrist but the stress of this is even making the situation worse (these creatures always 'get me when I am down') and I am convinced now that he is just going to accuse me of making it all up because that is what they all say - family, friends, medical professionals of all shapes and sizes. Just because you can't see something directly does not mean it is not there. I should know, I regularly see things that other people don't see and they are there or I would not see them.

That's one of the many problems with psychosis - you will see and hear things that aren't objectively real ... but they're still real enough to you for the experience to drive you bonkers from the stress. The meds are there to quiet the little bastards down enough so you can live your life. After all, swerving off the road to avoid an imaginary cow can get you just as hurt or dead as swerving to avoid a real cow, or hitting the real cow you thought couldn't really be there, or - no lie - the cow was real but you didn't really see it.

So, one of the coping strategies that a therapist maybe should have worked with you on is "reality testing", or "how the hell do I figure out if it's my crazy mind or this crazy world?"

If things get any worse, do try to schedule an earlier appointment. Most doctors have seen and heard everything already, so don't worry about sounding too crazy or anything like that.

Thanks all. :rolleyes:

I will definitely try with some of this stuff. It does appear I need to get over my stupid fears here and just be honest about what is happening. The appt I have is actually the earliest I could get. How annoying is the health care system??? I know if I had anything else I would have been seen like right away. Oh well. Guess I just need to keep my sense of reality in tact in the mean time, not make all the stupid mistakes I always have in the past. I guess I am doing well to recognise what is happening to me.

And yes, I will keep you posted on what happens.

• 3 weeks later...

OK, I've posted on this thread again because what I need to say is a continuation of the same problem. Oh, and rant warning. Sorry.

I have my pdoc appointment on Thursday, and I am still very anxious about the whole thing. All that is understandable and not what I am actually freaking out about.

But the creatures are convincing me not to go. They are putting thoughts in my mind to say 'there's no point in going because no such medication exists'. I know that I think the pdoc might be able to do something if he takes what I say seriously. Nobody who I have spoken to about this has said that no such meds exist. But I can't help thinking the creatures are right, and not lying to me this time. I'm in such a mess of confusion and don't know which side of the story to actually believe. I hate this.

:wacko: :wacko:

And this is not the first time they have done this to me either.

A couple of years ago, I wanted to go to the GP about whether all this was a side effect of my diabetes (this was before I knew that a relative had put these creatures inside me - I knew they were there but not much else) and they spent weeks convincing me that I shouldn't go because he would not believe me. And they were right.

Then a few months later, a friend recommended to me that I go for prayer healing. I went, desperate and willing to try anything. The creatures didn't stop me or talk me out of it, but they gave me all these utterly delusional thoughts (about the water supply being contaminated with a chemical, which pretty soon later turned out to make society believe that I had gone proper psychotic) that stupid me was gullible enough to believe. And it was another 6 months until I was able to get myself back to reality. So this time they were wrong. But it was me trying to get help that triggered the whole thing.

They are only doing this because they want to hurt me.

I know I need to go on Thursday. And I know I need to say it as it is.

But what if they are right and these thoughts turn out to be true? I can gather that delusional thought control, or other occasion where it is the symptom rather than the cause, can be treated. But I know my thought control doesn't come under these categories. I'm just wasting my time and his time, which isn't my style and very frustrating.

And what if they make me ill again, just because I have asked for help? I know I couldn't cope with that if it were to happen. I'm risking a lot here. Nearly 12 months now without any delusions and I'm risking ending up back right at square one.

The whole point of all this was to make it easier for me to actually live with these horrible creatures until such time as I won't be killed if I go for surgery to remove the buggers. But they would just love it if I make yet another wrong turn down the journey towards recovery and they can either spend the next however many months ridiculing me (I do that enough to myself when I make stupid mistakes and really don't need help there) or they can just make me ill again.

Sorry about the rantiness of this post, and the length of it too.

(edited because the smilies weren't working)

But the creatures are convincing me not to go. They are putting thoughts in my mind to say 'there's no point in going because no such medication exists'. I know that I think the pdoc might be able to do something if he takes what I say seriously. Nobody who I have spoken to about this has said that no such meds exist. But I can't help thinking the creatures are right, and not lying to me this time. I'm in such a mess of confusion and don't know which side of the story to actually believe. I hate this.

Let's look at both possibilities:

(a) You go to the pdoc appointment as planned. It seems very likely that
the pdoc will be able to help you
. The people here on CB who have experience with similar troubling thoughts all believe that is the case. The evidence is on your side here. The drugs exist. They can help you. So if the pdoc really can help you, great -- you get help! But even in the
very unlikely case
that the pdoc can't help you, you're just back where you were before.

(b) You don't go to the pdoc appointment. In this case,
if the pdoc would have been able to help you, you would have missed a great opportunity to get help.
On the other hand, in the
very unlikely case
that the pdoc wouldn't have been able to help you, you're back where you were before.

So logically, you should go to the pdoc appointment. Don't miss this opportunity to get help. Pdocs are trained to handle situations like this. They are trained to prescribe medication that can help you (unlike your GP). They will work with you to adjust the medications until they work for you. Going to the appointment is the logical choice, and it is the right choice.

OK, update.

The appointment went well for me yesterday. Pdoc said that he believed I was experiencing the things I'm experiencing, but it was impossible for me to have some kind of creatures living inside me according to current evidence. Well, whoever put together the evidence has obviously never met me! I certainly don't believe that something that I've had for over 4 years can be impossible. He accepted that he would not be able to change my mind on the issue, so we agreed to disagree. This must be like the first time that any kind of medical professional has ever accepted that I am saying it as it is.

So I was pleased with how it went. In fact I was buzzing when I left (weird, I know, but it felt good to not be accused of making things up).

He did prescribe meds, so I just have to wait for them to kick in properly. He wants me to start on a lower dose and put it up after a week. The aim being to treat both the psychosis and the anxiety. Hopefully too they would have an impact on reducing the thought control, seeing as that was what I went about in the first place (or am I just wishful thinking??). I'll just have to wait and see.

I do hope some of the sedation wears off though, because I couldn't get out of bed until 3pm for more than like 2 minutes before having to stop myself from collapsing and going straight back to bed. I might try taking them half an hour earlier and see how that goes.

Thank you all. And fingers crossed I can start to recover from all this. :rolleyes:

Seroquel sedation usually is less at higher doses. It also wears off for many after taking the med for a little while. So, put up with the sedation with a few weeks. After that you may be back to normal. If it doesn't work out, there are other meds to try so don't give up on all of them if this first one happens to not be the one all round. But, there's a good chance it will be. Give it a fair trial. Good luck on the thought control, too. I think Seroquel will help you there.

Seroquel sedation usually is less at higher doses. It also wears off for many after taking the med for a little while. So, put up with the sedation with a few weeks. After that you may be back to normal. If it doesn't work out, there are other meds to try so don't give up on all of them if this first one happens to not be the one all round. But, there's a good chance it will be. Give it a fair trial. Good luck on the thought control, too. I think Seroquel will help you there.

Thanks for that info. I was a little worried about the extent of the sedation, but hopeful it would reduce in time. Had another 18 hours of sleep today. But I'll give it time.

Thanks for that info. I was a little worried about the extent of the sedation, but hopeful it would reduce in time. Had another 18 hours of sleep today. But I'll give it time.

If you are like me, your brain probably needs a bit of rest, too.

Archived