CrazyBoards.org

What hypomanic/manic symptom disrupts you the most?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can only answer your question with another question: "What part of having a piano fall on you hurts the most?" LOL

Being manic is being manic, trying to pick one symptom is like trying to pluck raisins from pudding. :)

[edit] Ok, I got one. The roar in my head that makes it impossible to concentrate or think.

I think it's the illusion of omnipotence, the delusions of grandeur you can say to quote a "from autumn to ashes" song. the kind of ones that put you so out of touch with reality, that it makes you or people around you anxious.

I would say my impulsiveness gets the best of me too. Of course it's hard to pick just one and say it's the worst. Like airmarshall said about the piano. Now where does it hurt the worst? That's a good analogy.

But the worst as far as disruption of my life has got to be: making very, very, very bad decisions.

I'd second this. I make HORRIBLE decisions when manic or hypo probably from either paranoia (I moved several times because I knew they were getting too close), irritability (can we just get this OVER with, please???), impulsive spending, hypersexuality, rage (I don't need you or your fucking job! - I've said that more than twice...) or just plain rash thinking.

Struggling to keep a grip and questioning myself all the time. (Am I happy? Am I too happy?) My mental picture is kind of a me-horse, straining forward but also held back by my own hand holding the reins. (Main symptoms would be interrupting people, difficulty convincing myself to go to bed, and terrible distractibility.)

My cognition goes to shit, which seems to be the catalyst for my not-so-nice behavior. If I can concentrate, I can keep it under control to some degree. If I can't think straight, I have no idea what I'm doing.

Guest Vapourware

Thinking back to my last hypomanic episode, I think it was the racing thoughts that did it for me. It was very annoying trying to concentrate when there was a stream of ideas pumping through my mind. It was also unpleasant because it made me jumpy and unsettled; I'd find myself jumping from task to task.

agitation wins by a long shot for me. feeling like there is something inside me that will NOT let me stop moving and although i can't stop, there's no relief from pacing/wringing/rocking either...

Ditto rowen, if I can't do my daily activities I get agitated and it goes downhill from there. So I'd say agitation and the physical shaking that comes with it. I know if i'm shaking, there is a problem.

I wrote something here, but then I realized it all sucks. Almost every single part of it is unbearably miserable. Here's to mixed states.

Edit: I really hate when I'm so obviously out of it that strangers can tell something's wrong with me. I hate the thought of being considered a freak that doesn't deserve any respect because I'm kinda sorta batshit crazy at the moment. Every aspect of this condition is miserable, but that's probably the most shameful aspect.

All that relentless energy with the pain so bad death seems a sweet oblivion. My head is full of roaring sound then so I'm gonna add that all the noise in my head is part of it, too. Oh shit, and there's the OCD looping, too.

I can't pick one bad symptoms. They come as packages for me.

Archived