CrazyBoards.org

Hiya everyone out there, I was wondering if anyone knows if there is a connection between teenage hormones and depression? This is something my dad said, there must be some connection. Personally I know I am young for my age (im 19 but I feel like I am 14/15/16 ish) so I wonder if this a part of this. Atm I know in many ways my hormones don't help matters but for some reason I cried every day this weekend but as soon as I come back I am fine, strange eh? Who knows

Hiya everyone out there, I was wondering if anyone knows if there is a connection between teenage hormones and depression? This is something my dad said, there must be some connection. Personally I know I am young for my age (im 19 but I feel like I am 14/15/16 ish) so I wonder if this a part of this. Atm I know in many ways my hormones don't help matters but for some reason I cried every day this weekend but as soon as I come back I am fine, strange eh? Who knows

I'm interested in this answer too. My depression first hit when I first entered puberty, and I've been fighting it ever since. However, I have had a full endocrinological work-up and everything is ok. But often, I wonder if I received a blast of hormones early on which changed my brain somehow.

There can be a connection - my daughter totally crashes a few days before her period. He Pdoc said that she has a number of patients who use birth control to limit their periods so they can function.

Talk to your doctor and ask if this makes sense.

I'm interested in this answer too. My depression first hit when I first entered puberty, and I've been fighting it ever since. However, I have had a full endocrinological work-up and everything is ok. But often, I wonder if I received a blast of hormones early on which changed my brain somehow.

Thyroid hormone - most certainly. Thyroid problems often misdiagnosed. Need to have TSH, T3, and T4 measured; if you're on the low end of the scale, could be a problem. Doctors will often downplay if you're within the "normal" range printed on the report, but on the low side. Diagnosis also needs to include a medical history and check of symptoms.

Estrogen - yes - consider PMS and PMDD. Plus pregnant women have mood swings; then, after birth, can be at risk for depression.

Testosterone - sometimes - usually in middle-aged men undergoing andropause (google "Is it Low T?").

Puberty through early 20's is often when people develop mental health issues.

I'm lucky in the sense I only get a period every 3 or so months but this means I am in so much pain. At this point my depression gets worse which doesn't help. The last bit of your post rings true for me, as I am about to hit the early 20's so I guess I am starting early.

If you're only getting a period every 3 months, go see a gynecologist. The doctor can put you on birth control pills, which can help level out your hormones. Women do this all the time - to eliminate pain, mood swings, etc.

You can feel better.

You have more than one CURRENT ex? You are confused? Me too.

Have you been completely tested for sexually transmitted diseases? Have you been accessed for the potential for HIV/AIDS? Have you honestly and candidly discussed your recent past with your therapist?

Damn, girl, it seems you have more exes than someone thrice your age. What I am "getting at" is that you need to concentrate on you and getting yourself out of the viciously self-destructive lifestyle you were immerse in. However, I seem to be lost in the sage of your current situation so, excuse me, I will recuse myself.

I only have two four exs all in all, that isn't that bad for my age? Is it? I'm very confused at the current ex thingy come from tbh maybe me being slow. It has been a very long day for me. I feel like I am starting to get out of that self destructive lifestyle.

Archived