CrazyBoards.org

What a cool board.  Google helped me find you.  I'm a 59 y/o professional who has been pondering for the past 59 years, just who the hell i am and what i am supposed to be doing.  My life has been a series of jumping from one thing to another, and i'm not talking about swithcing the tv channel, i'm talking about wilderness camping in the Everglades in my teens, hitch hiking up and down the Pacific Coast Hwy in 1970, teaching myself computer technology before desktop computers enabling an 18 year career then I became a social worker and moved to North Carolina, supervising county social workers. (of course i left a lot out in between)<br />I did not get diagnosed as ADD until I attempted colege at 42y/o and failed miserabley at the start, got on medication and graduated with a Masters Degree in Social Work, Cum Laude. The diagnosis answered some questions but not all. Even on med's i feel &quot;different&quot;, &quot;ecentric&quot;, etc.  Kind of like there are animals, humans and there is me?<br /><br />

Kind of like there are animals, humans and there is me?<br /><br />

With those of us on the autistic spectrum this is sometimes known as "Wrong Planet Syndrome" :

I'm fine, I'm just on a planet which is clearly not my home one.

Put me on a planet with lots more people like me and things would make a lot more sense.

Archived