CrazyBoards.org

Just wondering if anyone knew of any meds that you can take to help with weight gain along side anti-psychotics. Im on clozapine at the moment and it helps, but its caused an immense amount of weight gain, I was told one of the options was that something could be added to help with the weight gain. Just wondering if anyone has tried something or has had experience with this and been successful?

pretty sure there were some studies that showed metformin to be useful along with AAPs.. maybe ask your doc about that? Another might be topamax. It seems to work on low-level stuff involved in addictions and desire for food. A good combo for some folks.

Research hasn't really supported the idea that metformin might help. As far as I know, there's topamax, and wellbutrin, and that's really it. Metformin isn't going to make anything worse, so it might be worth trying first.

Research hasn't really supported the idea that metformin might help. As far as I know, there's topamax, and wellbutrin, and that's really it. Metformin isn't going to make anything worse, so it might be worth trying first.

Does that hold true about Metformin if sugar levels are very elevated?

Archived