CrazyBoards.org

newb saying hello

Hi,

I'm diagnosed as being schizo-affective. Although I don't agree with the diagnosis I have to stay on meds else I hear a voice in my head and become terribly suicidal. I'm on Risperdal, Benadryl for a sleep aid and Wellbutrin XL right now, also take Omega 3 and D3 capsules. I am trying to get a change to Abilify because I have gained a lot of weight and have a really hard time losing it on Risperdal, plus it's sexual side effects and motivational problems are really bad. In the past I have been on Geodon (didn't work), Effexor, Lexapro, Lamictal, Artane.

Welcome to CB! It sounds like you've had a go of it. I too find it almost impossible to loose weight on Risperdal. My brain loves it, though, so I'm not sure what to do. Anyway, welcome to the boards. We have blogs and chat and lots of lovely people. Take a look around, pull up a chair, and let your hair down.

Welcome to CB Disorderly, nice to meet you. I am glad you found us here. Hope you like the board and get as much out of it as I know I do! I take abilify and think it's a great drug for some people. Risperdal packed weight on me too so I wasn't able to continue on it.

Archived