CrazyBoards.org

my neighbor's dog

Disorderly

I have a dog. If my dog barked the whole time he was out at ANYTIME, I would bring him in the house. I don't wish to annoy my neighbors, they didn't ask for the noise pollution. Lawnmowers, snow blowers, house renovation sounds can't be helped, but some things can. Sorry you have to suffer through it. Have you tried leaving a note on your neighbors door, or talking with them about it?

They have cameras recording their front yard? And they let their dog bark for an hour in the morning? I think they are odd. USPS - mail it to them. If you don't know their name handwrite "Neighbor" on the envelope. So sorry your neighbors are so rude.

They have cameras recording their front yard? And they let their dog bark for an hour in the morning? I think they are odd. USPS - mail it to them. If you don't know their name handwrite "Neighbor" on the envelope. So sorry your neighbors are so rude.

Yeah, security cameras. The guy who lives there once showed me his camera setup, it's recording his and my entire front yards 24/7. I guess I could type a letter and mail it to them, although they might question me about it. I don't really have the nerve to complain in person about it, I'm surprised no one else hasn't complained yet to them.

Totally agree. I'd mail them the letter if " identity discovery" is a problem. But I could see myself putting on a Halloween costume and mask, driving my car down the road, getting out and walking back to their house, and depositing it in their mailbox. Yes, I know, it's cheaper to get a stamp, but I am here on Crazy Boards for a reason :P

I'm not even gonna suggest ear plugs.

You could also check your noise ordinance with the police although most communities would probably allow at 7 A.M.-construction workers etc.

anyway once some jerk had his dog out barking at 3 A.M. so I just called the police. I heard them pounding on his door about 20 minutes after I called-that was a couple years ago-never happened again!

I agree with colinmichaels. Before you consider writing a letter, why don't you call the municipal office of your town or city and find out if there is an ordinance about nuisance noise? Many towns don't allow barking dogs, loud music and other noise between 11:00 PM and some time in the morning.

If there is nothing that can be done through the city, you may have to resort to the letter.

olga

I'm sorry to be the voice of unsympathetic dissent here, but part of living in an urban environment is having to deal with irritating things other people do, or noises they may make. It's just life. Deal with it,

I live in a condo and I'm always paranoid about my neighbors hearing George bark at NOTHING and when I play the piano.

My neighbor saw me carrying my cello and I mentioned I had a piano and could she hear me? She said no so now I can play when ever I want.

But yes, i think a dog barking before 7am is obnoxious. Do you have a neighborhood association you can talk to? We all have tiny back yards and I know if anyone keeps their dog back there and they bark a lot, they will get a visit from the neighborhood association. They also come out immediately if anyone is popping fireworks (This freaks my dogs out)

Do you have enough rapport with your neighbor to just go over and talk to him? If you can hear it from your house, I'm sure he's aware that his dog is just out there barking. I wonder if he doesn't care

Archived