CrazyBoards.org

Weird Prozac side effects?

I'm thrilled with how much the Prozac has helped me, but I've noticed two changes and I'm wondering if they might be Prozac side effects. I haven't seen these mentioned before. One is that I keep rubbing my feet and my toes together. I don't mean to, but I catch myself doing it dozens of times a day. I have had compulsions for a long time, but never a rubbing compulsion. The other is that I've had several dreams in the past few weeks where I woke myself up and thought I was moving in my sleep--not sleepwalking, but reaching, grabbing, etc while still in bed. I don't think I've ever done that before. In these dreams, I'm trying to grab someone, trying to catch myself from falling, trying to defend myself, always something involving my arms, and as I move my arms I wake myself up and am not sure if I was really moving my arms in my sleep or not.

I know these aren't serious problems...just curious if the Prozac might be causing them. Thanks!

With the leg rubbing, are you noticing any restlessness of the legs? Sounds like it could be a response to a tremor. In prozac studies around 10% of people experienced some sort of tremor.

The weird dreams can be caused by SSRI's. I personally get strange, lucid dreams but I cant tell if its the prozac or the clozpaine.

I would take note of these symptoms and ask your dr next time you have a visit. It doesnt sound like anything to be worried about, however.

On a side note we are on the same dose of prozac! Ive found it to be really good too. Glad to hear its working for you.

With the leg rubbing, are you noticing any restlessness of the legs? Sounds like it could be a response to a tremor. In prozac studies around 10% of people experienced some sort of tremor.

The weird dreams can be caused by SSRI's. I personally get strange, lucid dreams but I cant tell if its the prozac or the clozpaine.

I would take note of these symptoms and ask your dr next time you have a visit. It doesnt sound like anything to be worried about, however.

On a side note we are on the same dose of prozac! Ive found it to be really good too. Glad to hear its working for you.

Thanks, chimpmaster! I haven't had restless legs at all. I'd read about that before and this doesn't seem like that at all. It's almost exclusively involving my toes, either rubbing toes against each other or rubbing toes across the top of my foot. I'll ask my pdoc the next time I see her. Maybe as I get my compulsions under control, the toe rubbing will stop too.

60 mg of Prozac is awesome! When I was on 40 mg, I thought it was helping a lot, but holy crap I've seen a huge difference going from 40 to 60. My pdoc has proposed taking me up to 80 mg (assuming I do well on 60) to try to get rid of my compulsions. I've only been on 60 for a few weeks, so it'll be a while before we try that.

I get dreams that end in physical movement when Im dealing with some troubling things in therapy. Almost like the part of me thats observing isnt sleepy enough and the part which dreams doesnt hide the real content well enough. Then I react to it strongly and wake up trying to kick something, etc.

Archived