CrazyBoards.org

PDoc fee?

My pdoc recently raised her fee to $170. She's worth every penny (and insurance covers most of it) but YEESH treating bp is expensive. I'm wondering how much other pdocs charge -?

I pay $65 for a 'med adjustment' visit. I don't have insurance, and I've been established for 6.5 years. This is a moderate sized area with only two or three pdocs in private practice.

My pdoc doesn't do therapy, per se, but she does try to talk as long as she feels necessary. Typical length is probably 15-20 minutes, but we've run as long as 45 minutes. She's pretty good about caring.

a.m.

My doc charges $75 for fifteen minutes and $120 for a half hour. That's really cheap around these parts. My last doc charged $92 for fifteen minutes, with no option for a half hour. I drive to a more rural area - fewer patients and better service than what I would get in the town I'm in.

I have a $15 copay.

I drive to a more rural area - fewer patients and better service than what I would get in the town I'm in.

That is a very interesting idea, instead of driving into the city, drive out towards the country. I hope I remember that if I ever need to find a new Pdoc. Hopefully that will not happen for some years. Maybe I will die before he retires.

There's definitely something to the geography aspect, although my own situation has a bit of a circumstantial change, so it may not be the BEST comparison, but still...

I go through the local Community Service Board, so mine's on a sliding scale. I don't pay anything at the moment, but I believe if I made enough to pay full price, it'd be on the order of $65 for the less than 20 minute medication management sessions. My old doctor was in a very well-off area on the opposite side of the metro area I live in, and his rates were through the roof, to the tune of double that for a med management session. I guess part of it's the fact that the doctor I see is through the CSB, but the geography definitely has to play some role - I'm currently on the complete other side of the metro area, which is generally less affluent and also about 45 minutes further out of the big city.

Guest Vapourware

I usually pay around $190/half hour but I get $108 back from government rebates [i'm in Australia], so it's okay.

.... Huh. Well, my pdoc's copay is $15.00 for a 15 minute med check. We go to half an hour sometimes if I have things to tell him, and he listens and assesses the information then. So, we're good.

I am in the SF Bay area, and my p-doc charges $178 for a 20 minute med check. He usually spends closer to half an hour with me, though. We have to submit the bill to our insurance for reimbursment (Sp?), but pay up front. I think we currently pay a $25 co-pay after being reimbursed.

Archived