CrazyBoards.org

PEOPLE KEEP WAKING ME UP!

seamonkey

My sleep has been miserable for about 2 weeks. I'm waking up every hour and am up for about 2 hours before I am able to get back to sleep. I am bipolar and if I don't sleep, I go down hill fast. Some guy in my neighborhood lost his cat. I think I've seen it so I called him and left him a message. He sent me an email, to which I responded to, but I think he's been coming by my condo REALLY early in the morning and ringing my door bell. Someone has rang my door bell every morning this week around 7am. I'm usually finally able to get back to sleep at 6am and don't need to wake up till 7:45 for work. I sleep with out a shirt on and I'm a girl, and I'm EXHAUSTED at that point, so I try to get back to sleep. Someone came BACK this morning and rang my bell twice this morning. I tried to get back to sleep but I couldn't.

Someone called my cell phone every hour starting at 6am to 9am. It was downstairs, so I couldn't hear it. I called and asked them why they called. THe guy answered in perfect english and when I asked why he called my fucking phone at 6am, all of a sudden, he spoke no English. I have a droid and a call blocker ap, so he's been added.

I sent an email to cat guy asking if he was the one ringing my bell and left a note on my front door to please not ring my bell between certain hours, put my gmail account that i use to sign up for stuff I know is going to spam me, and just said to email me instead of waking me up.

I have a huge protective dog and a small neurotic dog I'm putting in therapy and every time someone rings my bell, they rush down stairs and bark for 20 minutes.

I NEED MY SLEEP

Oh wow, I really feel for you because I know sleep really aggravates my anxiety/panic/depression....I think when sleep is disrupted it just throws us off and makes us emotionally and physically feel awful :( When I went for several days and then felt like weeks without sleep, or at least, continuous sleep, I thought I was going insane, I was FREAKING out badly and luckily got some vistaril prescribed to me and I remember that first night I took it I fell asleep and slept alllllll night through, which I hadn't done in awhile! I was so happy and since have been on the vistaril (maybe....4-5 months now) and the effect has definitely decreased, I have doubled the dosage but alas...that magical feeling is now gone and I just take it by habit now. (I'm up now at 2:30am so, there ya go. I took 2 3 hours ago.......)

Beauty sleep is a term I think was created for people just like us! No sleep = a very unhappy person who feels and looks not so good.

I would outright nail a sign on the door that says DO NOT DISTURB BETWEEN THE HOURS OF 8pm - 9am and put a message on your phone with the same. Maybe add "unless it's an extreme emergency"

I've had to do that before, when I got my first apartment after finally getting on track with meds. It was in a rough neighborhood and people were constantly knocking on the wrong door, my door, at all hours :\

Phone calls were from people "checking" on me all worried because of where I lived. Geesh, I feel ya, let a person sleep for goodness sake!

Oh, and on sleeping with no shirt and the possibility of answering the door... hm. Maybe with a baseball bat in hand and tell whoever it is that the police are on speaker phone? Could have the whole Zena thing going for you? devlish.gif

I totally understand your anger and frustation! Sleep-disturbers rank very high on my "people who are evil" list. Even during the best and happiest times of my life, having my sleep disturbed would ruin my entire day. :angry2:

Right now I've got a set of earplugs tailored to the exact shape of my ear canals. These things costed more than $100 to make, but it was worth every penny. They are way more comfortable and noise-dampening than standard earplugs. With these noise from the street and people marching up and down the stairs doesn't wake me up anymore.:rolleyes:

So when someone rings my doorbell at 7 AM I tell them I am asleep at this hour so please don't do that again. Then shut the door. This seems to solve the problem with "regulars" and a sign takes care of the rest.

nf

Right now I've got a set of earplugs tailored to the exact shape of my ear canals. These things costed more than $100 to make, but it was worth every penny. They are way more comfortable and noise-dampening than standard earplugs. With these noise from the street and people marching up and down the stairs doesn't wake me up anymore.:rolleyes:

There's a bar behind my house and at least two of the sort of nightclubs that require special zoning restrictions within a block. Headphones/earbuds, along with a fan or air purifier (cheap white noise generators), are essential items for a decent night's sleep.

Archived