CrazyBoards.org

Bipolar Spectrum - ever see yourself as stable ?

Isn't it true ?

When I think back at how I am all the time, I see my life as a spectrum, balancing between depression and manic. Even in the middle, I'm in a mixed state and never seem to be "normal" or stable...

Full blown depression Mixed Full blown mania

I--------------------------------------------I==========I-------------------------------------------I

How is it for you ?

Do you consider that you're having stable, uneventful periods, or like me, feel that you are balancing on that spectrum I draw up ?

Talk about not drawing the way I wanted to !!

FBD = full blown depression

FBM = full blown mania

(FBD) -----------------------------------------I===MIXED===I---------------------------------------- (FBM)

Do I see myself as ever having been stable? Well there was this one short window right after I got out of the hospital and was in partial that I described myself as even everyday in report. However, it was short lived.

Do i ever see myself as being stable again? Sometimes I doubt it, and wonder how much meds are to blame and if they will ever get right. I think I hate Geodon, but I like what it does to my appetite. I think I am mildly mixed right now. Mostly low mood until short stupid half life Geodon wears off in the middle of the day, then a little hypomanic. I take two mood stabilizers for goodness sake. WTH? I'm trying to be patient though.

I've asked this same question. It seems like I'm always one of the poles. If I complain about depression, my meds get changed and I turn manic. If I complain about mania, my meds get changed, and bam depression hits hard. I hate it so bad - always one pole or the other, unless it's that nasty in between state. It has to get better though!

I have periods of stability. It took some doing to find meds that worked, but since then, I've been more or less okay. My mood cycles about twice a year, or at least has for the last three years or so. But it's predictable, and I can manage it. I would eventually like to get to a point where my mood doesn't cycle for a long time. We shall see. My grandmother has a BP dx, and she went a few years without issues. I definitely think stability is possible. Is it permanent? Not necessarily. But nothing in life is.

Without meds, no, I don't think I ever had significant interepisode periods of stability. With meds, yes, I've basically been stable, with a few very minor, easily addressed, blips, for almost a year. Probably about nine months, to be more precise. It's been an adjustment, to put it mildly.

I've been relatively stable for the last two years with much of the time solidly stable. I get some very mild periods but nothing painful or trouble producing. It's been very nice and a real adjustment. Before without meds, I didn't have any real stability for nearly 15 years.

This is the first time I've been without meds in years, and the first time I've been stable without 'em really. I still have weird quirks and short periods of feeling shitty, but they're not extended and crushing like they'd normally be. When the shit hits the fan again though, I'll definitely start taking them again. Hopefully it won't, but I'm not about to kid myself.

The issues I've been dealing with unmedicated aren't related to the MI really. Just PTSD stuff.

I had a long period of stability recently. Over a year. But then I had some intense personal stress combined with winter depression and then a season change. However increasing meds - lithium and seroquel - is restoring my stability. Or just numbing me out perhaps. I hope to go back into a another long period of normalcy.

I consider myself to be stable at this point in time. I am very lucky because my meds control almost all of my symptoms. I have experienced a period of stability for a little over a year. I'm due for a mixed or manic episode however because Spring is here now and I usually have issues with my mood this time of year. That and it's been a couple of years since I've been manic, so I'm being hypervigilant to make sure that I can nip any symptoms in the bud.

Guest Vapourware

All things considered, I've been fairly stable since August. I've had a few blips here and there but nothing full-blown major, which I'm thankful for. I'm happy that my meds have been working.

No full blown depression or mania but I always have these feelings and mental predispositions to be either crushed or in mild euphoria. Stable ? Without my meds I was a in a hellish roller coaster, but with my med it's better, but not perfect. I've been hypomanic for the last month, month and a half. Before that, the lastest episode of hypomania was last August-September ? I had renewed with a long lost old friend and it sent me straight into happy land for over a month. Then everything went back down in a mixed episodes. Don't want to do anything but agitated and restless, actually worsening my RLS. My angry bad temper is also continously hiding it's ugly head down the corner... whatever the state I'm in, it's just the reason it comes out that's different.

Yesterday, I started to have a bad sore throat which continues today. I crashed big time. The weight of the world on my shoulders yesterday afternoon up to now. Doesn't seem to quit, maybe I'm just sick ? But it's never that harsh, got in the office backward this morning and have little to no interest to what my colleagues have to say... I just want to sleep.

I hate those crashes that sometimes lead to a depression touchdown.

Hope I get better soon.

On a Lithium and AP combo, I've had a year of stability, with some breakthrough symptoms when I am under a lot of stress. I enjoy the stability, it was worth the wait for it.

I feel okay now, but I wouldn't exactly call it stable. Maybe it's as good as it's going to get. I feel like I have a couple of weeks of stability and then I either dip somewhat into depression or mixed. I had a few years of what I consider to be stability (though maybe slightly self destructive) but then everything went to hell about a year and a half ago and I'm still working on getting stable.

I actually went for quite a long period without a mood episode: Sept. 2001-April of 2006. My mood is pretty good right now. While I am not episode free, and am technically a rapid cycler, usually my mood episodes respond pretty well to a medication tweak, and rarely get very severe. I am pretty much always anxious, though.

Archived