CrazyBoards.org

short story

Disorderly

A friend of mine where I use to live was epileptic. We took him to the Dollar Store one day and he dropped everything in the middle of shopping and had a seizure. They called 911 and a fire truck and ambulance showed up, but by then he was coming to but was still in a daze. Once he was back to almost normal they had him sign a few papers before we left and he was ok again. Anyways, the next week he went into the store and when he was checking out in line the lady who worked there was like "HEY! Aren't you the guy who did this here last week?" and she started shaking her body around making fun of him. He said he never had anyone make fun of him like that before and she looked so stupid that it really offended and embarrassed him.

When he told me about this it really pissed me off, I wanted to report her but I never did. Would you do anything?

I would have asked to speak to the manager, that is totally unacceptable. I recently passed out at a store and I know that if I came back and they said something similar to me, I would have been angry as hell, that is just not okay. He obviously could not help what happened that doesn't give anyone the right to mock him.

Holy insensitive toad, Batman. Hell yes I would, at least to her supe. Apart from the incredible immaturity, it's abysmally bad customer service. But the final decision belongs to your friend who was subjected to that crap. If he'd rather you didn't, you should probably respect that.

I'm moving this to people suck.

Disorderly, what's with starting tons of nearly-meaningless topics in less that 2 days? This is beginning to look like trolling.

I'm sorry you think my posts are nearly meaningless. :(

I am not trolling at all.

Are you feeling guilty because you never went back and reported that, Disorderly?

If it is, I just wanted to say that I can empathize with indecision and, subsequently, inaction. It's hard to know what's "okay" at times, especially if you're used to being torn down or having your decisions questioned by parents or teachers. As someone used to getting things "wrong," I understand that insecurity.

Are you feeling guilty because you never went back and reported that, Disorderly?

If it is, I just wanted to say that I can empathize with indecision and, subsequently, inaction. It's hard to know what's "okay" at times, especially if you're used to being torn down or having your decisions questioned by parents or teachers. As someone used to getting things "wrong," I understand that insecurity.

No, I don't really feel guilty about not reporting it, but at the time of it happening it upset me that someone would make fun of him like that. I originally posted this in the other section as it was meant to reach others who suffer from epilepsy/seizures like my friend did. Thought maybe some of them have dealt with people like this before and could possibly relate to my friend. When I told him that I should report her to the store manager he just kind of shrugged and acted like he didn't care much, but I think that is only because he was planning on moving soon so didn't have to see that store or employee any longer.

Archived