CrazyBoards.org

greetings from california!

hello, i'm mileysmom and i am a 51yr old lady with bipolar disorder or whatever people are calling it thesedays.. i've been bipolar since i was a young girl. i'm also a amputee (gimp) with no right leg. although i say that i am these things it by no means define all of who i am. but, having these disorders,afflictions has made me a stronger human being.

I'm married and have been for 28yrs...poor bastard! i have a child (a son) who has been one of the best things in my life.

right now i have been having some problems with my meds which are: effexor 75mg., seroquel 400mg. and ativan 2mg. as needed. i'm trying to get off the effexor and have upped my seroquel from 200mg. to the 400mg. i really think i need to be on a mood stabilizer which my pdoc keeps ignoring. i think he's thinking the seroquel will level out my moods..i'm not so sure.

so, i keep plugging along spending my husbands money , zipping around in my power wheelchair with my little chihuahua sitting in her "puppypack". my moods have been flipping around but mostly i get revved up from early afternoon up to when i take my seroquel at bedtime. i drive my husband nuts by talking sometimes non-stop until bedtime. anyway, this is a little bit about me..

Hi There! Welcome to CB. Zippy is a familar place for many of us here! Seroquel does work to calm some down. Others, not so much. You'll just have to play it by ear to see what it does for you. Hoping for the best!

Take a look around. We have lots of stuff on the boards. We also have blogs and chat. Take a peek or participate if you have a chance.

Again, welcome.

you know, these boards do have alot to offer. i was lurking for a little while but decided to post because alot of folks here have so much to offer (not to just me). i like that it feels comfortable here...it has what i call a good "vibe"

thankyou, for welcoming me!

mileysmom

Archived