CrazyBoards.org

Stress as a trigger?

So I had a stressful evening (see blog if you're curious) and now, this afternoon, I'm just - ARG!

I'm not quite to rage. I'm not getting angry with the kids. I'm not to rage. But I am getting stuck in thought loops.

According to my mood chart, I've been "neutral", which was down from "good" for about a week. This morning I logged "bad".

I probably shouldn't be drinking coffee right now, but it is often soothing to me. Instead of feeling calm, though, I feel jittery and racy. I just had to recount some of last night again, and I found myself pacing, gesturing a lot, and cursing more than is normal for me. - actually, I wonder if cursing is a symptom for me, maybe I should read back in blogs, but I don't think I curse much at all when I'm feeling good.

I have lee way to take extra Abilify if I think I need it. I take it in the mornings, but I can certainly take 7.5mg instead of 5mg.

I see pdoc in just one week, on the 29th.

Does stress really trigger symptoms this quickly? Maybe I'm not headed to episode, but just rightly upset about something that as of yet has no resolution?

I'm chewing on my fingers - I think that's just stress, though.

I feel like I could break things.

D will be home soon, I'll take a moment and maybe try some guided mindfullness - although just the thought of that makes me cranky for some reason.

What is good to help stave off an episode (I'm assuming mixed)? Dark therapy, cut back on caffeine, no alcohol (haven't had any in weeks, and after last night, it's the last thing I want to be involved with). Maybe increase my AAP. What else?

AHHH!!! I want my head to STOP!

I find that stress will usually spiral me down into a depressive episode very quickly, I get overwhelmed & before I know it, I've spiraled down into the abyss :( . Unfortunately I don't have any good advice for staving off a mixed episode, sorry. :( When I'm going down, sometimes I can slow it (not stop it though :( ) but doing things that make me happy, but it's hard when u've got an issue looming over ur head. :( I hope u manage to hold on and get things sorted out

I've had a couple a whoppers (manic episodes, that is) that occured fairly quickly after visiting my very ill father. One took a boatload of zyprexa and a shot of haldol to stop. And,yes, reliving the events that transpired always riled me up too.

Call your pdoc, they will know what to do. Until then, watching a nondramatic (no CNN) boatload of TV helps me calm down a bit.

Yeah, stress has been known to set me off. Sometimes it's mixed, sometimes depression. How to stop it? I think calling your doc is a good idea, but I usually don't unless it isn't passing in a day or two or isn't severe. (Bad, I know but I rapid cycle so unless I'm really unstable things pass quickly)

I am not feeling nearly so irritable this morning (granted, it's still early) and I will have a couple child free days after today, so I'll be able to rest and take a lot of self care time. I think I will take the wait and see approach, for now. If the mood lasts, then I'll treat it, certainly, but I'm thinking maybe I was just in a bad mood, not starting a mood episode.

Archived