CrazyBoards.org

Hi all,

I joined the board tonight in hopes of finding others going through the same things I am. It's hard to keep this all in. I was offically diagnosed as depressed nine years ago, although I believe I suffered with it throughout high school. I have been on antidepressants ever since. As much as a life without them sounds wonderful, I know that meds will always be a part of my life. I am currently switching from Cymbalta to Celexa, in hopes to help curb my anxiety and self harm. I am taking 60mg Cymbalta, 10mg Celexa, 348mg Aplenzin and 2mg clonazepam. I starting cutting last year, was able to stop for awhile and now am doing it again. I see my therapist every two to three weeks and my doctor every three months, although while changing meds it's more often. I have been married for nine years and have three children, ages 8, 5 and 2. I'm still holding out for one more child but realize getting myself to a more stable point is the most important thing.

I'm finding that one of the side effects of Celexa is excessive talking/writing/texting. So here I am.

bluejen

Hi Jen,

Welcome to CrazyBoards :)

I was on Celexa for a while - hopefully it's good to you.

Read the rules when you get a chance, and feel free to PM a moderator or admin if you have any questions.

Looking forward to reading your posts :)

Hi bluejean. Thats the name of a good ol bowie song :)

How did you get to cymbalta? Its not normally a first or second choice so Im guessing you might have some history here?

Also, how long have you been with the celexa? It takes 4-6 weeks to work for most people.

I personally have had a good experience (and am thus sticking with it) with prozac.

I started on Zoloft and was on that for a few years, then went to Effexor, which didn't last because of the side effects, I tried prozac and then was put on Paxil CR. That worked great for several years but I happened to be pregnant when the warnings about possible heart defects came out. Knowing I wanted more kids I changed to Lexapro and stayed on that for about two years before it stopped being effective. That is how I ended up on Cymbalta. After the birth of my last child they added Abilify to help with the increasing depression. That had too many side effects so I was put on Aplenzin. My doctor added clonazepam to help with my increased anxiety.

I'm less than a week into the Celexa. This week it's 60mg Cymbalta and 10mg Celexa, next week it's 30mg Cymalta and 20mg Celex and then it's 30mg Celexa. Doctor appointment to see how I'm doing. So far the side effects have been kicking my ass but I'm determined to ride it out.

If I'm not posting in the proper place, or going against any rules, please let me know. I want to be able to talk with people but don't want to do anything wrong. Thank you!

bluejen

If I'm not posting in the proper place, or going against any rules, please let me know. I want to be able to talk with people but don't want to do anything wrong. Thank you!

bluejen

Don't stress too much about that - we're a pretty laid back place. The rules are basically - don't be a huge jerk. And if you post in the wrong place, one of us will just move it for you. So no sweat :)

Glad to have you on board.

Archived