CrazyBoards.org

Weird Ritalin Effect

jt07

I am getting a strange effect/side effect from Ritalin. About an hour after taking my dose, I actually get sleepy, not stimulated! Has anyone else experienced this effect?

Yes. It would usually indicate some sort of ADD/ADHD type thing, because that's how it works when it's needed like that. I got sleepy from metadate (in the Ritalin family). It's people who don't need it that get all speedy. With the above issues, it should only give you focus.

I am getting a strange effect/side effect from Ritalin. About an hour after taking my dose, I actually get sleepy, not stimulated! Has anyone else experienced this effect?

Yes. It would usually indicate some sort of ADD/ADHD type thing, because that's how it works when it's needed like that. I got sleepy from metadate (in the Ritalin family). It's people who don't need it that get all speedy. With the above issues, it should only give you focus.

Thanks Cetkat. I don't think I'm more focused, but I haven't really paid attention (no pun intended). I just know that I get sleepy and could easily go to sleep.

Thanks Cetkat. I don't think I'm more focused, but I haven't really paid attention (no pun intended). I just know that I get sleepy and could easily go to sleep.

Yeah, it can be hit or miss as far as focus. Some people respond better to Adderall or vis versa.

Ritalin made me foggy and want to nap. More Ritalin intensified the effect. The immediate release started to destabilized my mood. The long lasting at a normal dose gave me other bipolar symptoms. Ritalin is really not for me. Adderall XR, conversely, adds focus, and doesn't put me to sleep or make me crazy.

• 1 year later...

I know I am a year late in posting in this subject matter. This is the ONLY thread I have found in this weird Ritalin sleepy effect. I actually take 10mg of Ritalin before going to sleep and have a very good nights sleep (but with vivid dreams).

This is my 4th day on Ritalin and , just as with Strattera AND Concerta , it is NOT working. The only indication I have that I actually have taken the mefication is that I get slow and extremely sleepy. Does this happen to anyone else ?

Well yeah, Ritalin can make you like that for people with ADHD.

Its funny because its like when its kicked in you feel good,relaxed,motivated and chilled out. but then when it ends its even harder to get to sleep...?

Archived