CrazyBoards.org

Possible Prozac side effect

I've been on prozac for around two weeks now and I've noticed that I'm having a lot of difficulty with simple tasks that require awareness of several things at once. A couple of examples being that last time I was driving my car I was stopped at a light and when it went green I turned the corner. This is right next to my house and I've done it hundreds of times and I know that it's a crossing as well but I still ploughed through and nearly hit a woman pushing a pram. I also tried crossing the street this morning and it's two lanes in each direction, I made it through one lane and forgot about the other to start looking in the other direction, nearly getting hit by a car. I don't normally have trouble with this sort of thing but it seems to be happening every time I try to do anything needing judgement/risk assessment.

Has anyone else experienced this as a side effect or would it be more likely to be some sort of stress overload? Since realising how close I came to killing a baby I'm scared to drive and getting pretty anxious about trying to cross roads as well.

I had a similar thing happen while on wellbutrin.. my theory at the time was that my anxiety was high so I was hypervigilant and looking in all the wrong places not the right one.

Its pretty complex, there can be many causes for this kind of thing =(

SSRIs like prozac can cause confusion in the early stages. Also there is a condition called jittery syndrome which makes you all anxious and agitated. Normally this would pass after 3-4 weeks.

You said you were going to see your dr. Have you been yet? How did it go?

Archived