CrazyBoards.org

My ex has been suicidal the whole time ive known him and recently he has had cause to push him over the edge. he says if this matter doesnt resolve itself n the next 3 days he will kill himself. I dont know what to do,hes attemoted suicide 8 times! i cant actually stop him physically or meet up with him because he lives in london and i live in ireland! im so confused and i wont be able to deal with it if he does kill himself! someone please tell me what to do!! he wont even listen to me or talk he just says goodbye and leaves the converstaion.

I agree, your friend needs help and it must be devastating for you to be stuck in another country and not geing able to help him.

If you don't have any contacts in London you could try the Samaritans and ask them to help you both: jo@samaritans.org or phone them at +20 08457 90 90 90.

Best wishes

Yes, call the police. Even if you were in the same town, I would tell you to call the. This is one of those situation that you can't take care of yourself.

Is he using these threats as a way to manipulate you? (not that it affects calling the police)

Remember, you can be concerned for his safety, but you have to take care of yourself first. :)

a.m.

I agree, your friend needs help and it must be devastating for you to be stuck in another country and not geing able to help him.

If you don't have any contacts in London you could try the Samaritans and ask them to help you both: jo@samaritans.org or phone them at +20 08457 90 90 90.

Best wishes

Yes, call Samaritans for support.

• 1 month later...

I disagree. She needs to protect herself. He is trying to drag her into something she doesn't deserve to be dragged into. She got help for him by contacting is friend. His friend told her he was aware of it. So what is she suppose to do now? She isn't responsible for his behavior. She is responsible for protecting herself from emotional trauma. He isn't her boyfriend, why is he calling her? What obligation does she have to him?

I think you guys are right that she doesn't need to do anything more in this situation and can't really. All i was saying is that you don't need to permanently cut ties with the person. I feel like being manipulative is a symptom of this MI. If he can get treatment it's definitely possible that this will lessen in which case it would be good to be open to communication. Especially if you care about them. Like i said i don't think it makes sense to get too much more involved. But complete abandonment doesn't make sense to me.

Archived