CrazyBoards.org

Nail Polish collecting, anyone else into it?

101 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like to keep polish on your nails?

• Love to!
    • Sometimes....
    • I'm a biter so no....
    • It doesn't matter to me one way or the other....
    • Other posting below:

I saw this and thought it was kinda interesting. I have a few cheap nail polishes I wanted to use up.

^^That is really cool! 

Taurmaurils, I love that color ... kind of like a sky blue color.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You know with it looks like those are for, right?  

Hey, the nail polish thread is back. It liiiiiiives!! 

damn it

Posted Images

W00t, this thread has been a busy place.

Titania, I like that video. What an absolutely awesome idea. I've thought of using my stamp kit to stamp nail polishes on non-nail surfaces, too. I'm in the process of using some old nail polishes to paint a little wood box I got ages ago in the craft department at some store or another. I keep hair ties in it. I'll post a photo of it when it's done.

gallery_10045_302_44304.jpg

I can't NOT SEE it!

20081126173842!Orly.jpg

Same here--EVERY TIME. :lol: High five.

(P.S., apologies for the peek of scarring in that photo. Yikes! I can totally remove the pic if needed. :/ )

I have to say, I totally rock having hair on my hands/knuckles/arms. I have hair there. It's fine blondish hair that no one has ever noticed and gone 'Oh God, your knuckles, ewww!' But I have had a ton of manicures and never has anyone ever refused to take my money.

(If it makes you feel better I will take pics of my hairy knuckles as a Hairy Knuckle pride thing. I have hair on my big toe too. Really)

Agreed with this. My dad had amazingly hairy arms and hands, and say hey, guess who inherited them? Right here. The backs of my hands, too. I have hairy toes as well. The hair is, as far as I can tell, red, a few shades paler than what's on my head. Or perhaps a dark blond. I seem to remember reading once that it's unusual not to have some amount of hair on your knuckles, but don't quote me on that. I can't cite a source.

Taurmarils, I hope the date went well. :) I dig your color; it really flatters your skin tone.

• 3 months later...

Sometimes I paint my nails.  I am, however, addicted to nail polish blogs!  Heh.

I usually do paint my toenails.

I'm thinking about getting artificial nails to keep me from picking my skin.  Used to have them in college and they look so nice.

I like having my toenails painted . My fingers never last long because of my job.

Had my first pedicure / mani last year . Took a lot to let someone touch my feet.

Was having mini panic attack. But ended up ok.

Haven't had one again though lol.

I have like 20 nail polishes and keep getting more . Sin is so inexpensive augh!

I have like close to 400. I refuse to count them lol. 

Holy crap!  Any duplicates? 

I have a few duplicates of my favorite colors or basics like black nail polish. I'm trying not to buy more, hahahaha. 

I have like close to 400. I refuse to count them lol. 

Holy crap!  Any duplicates? 

I have a few duplicates of my favorite colors or basics like black nail polish. I'm trying not to buy more, hahahaha. 

LOL I didn't know that many existed!

• 2 months later...

I miss this thread. I haven't painted my nails in a long time, but I was thinking of this thread and it inspired me to pick my polishes back up. I had forgotten what a good coping skill it is for me.

Sometimes I paint my nails.  I am, however, addicted to nail polish blogs!  Heh.

I usually do paint my toenails.

I'm thinking about getting artificial nails to keep me from picking my skin.  Used to have them in college and they look so nice.

I did the artificial nails to keep from picking skin, as well, actually. :) When my picking habit is bad, sometimes I use silk wraps, because I can do them at home myself, and they blunt my nails enough to work as a deterrent, too. 

I finally took the plunge a few weeks ago and did some talons. I've been dyingggggg to try them since I saw them on a contestant on Project Runway last year. They only lasted a week, though, as it was difficult to do anything with nails that long. I did a gel mani at home (the building gel, not the shellac gel, which is the nail polish gel) and considering it'd been well over a year (closer to two) since I've done artificial nails, I was pleased with the results. 

First I did them in WnW "I Need A Refresh-Mint"

talons006_zpsa1270c8e.jpg

Then I re-did them in a more fall friendly color, Covergirl Outlast Grapevine

talons2005-Copy_zps51ae8d1a.jpg

Right now I'm wearing Revlon Perfumerie Moonlit Woods, which is a silvery lavender and is chipped all to hell. I'm going to repaint them today with one of the new matte polishes from the Fall 2014 WnW Line....I'm feeling sassy, so probably the red, Rouge 66.

Whoa, Cranky, those look like fun! I would not be able to do anything with them, but it would rock to have them temporarily, like for an occasion or something. I'm inspired. 

Those look cool cranky!!!!! I remember when I had long nails like that. I couldn't function lol. Hope you're doing better than me!

Thanks!! My typing skills took a steep hit, but otherwise it wasn't too bad! lol

Whoa, Cranky, those look like fun! I would not be able to do anything with them, but it would rock to have them temporarily, like for an occasion or something. I'm inspired. 

Thanks, Mim! They were a lot of fun, I have to admit. I got several compliments and a lot of stares, mostly from cashiers. heh. I wouldn't do them again unless it was for a special occasion, but I'm glad I tried them out so I know I can do them again if I want.

• 7 months later...

I did a new manicure yesterday and I felt like resuscitating this thread.I use gel polish for all my manicures now. This is China Glaze Gelaze in "For Audrey", a random generic black gel polish from Kiss (clearance at Walgreens, can't beat it!), and on top of the black is two coats of LeChat Perfect Match Hologram Diamond. 

I call it, "Diamonds from Tiffany's."

post-17477-0-35882700-1431621673_thumb.j

Edited by larkspur