CrazyBoards.org

what are your worse fears connected with depression

I was thinking of mine worse fears connected with depression, my are

That the depression will make me fail my law course. Sometimes I can't really get out of bed and I havn't always got the energy to complete the work. So a lot of my class think I'm lazy

That it will casue issues with my family and friends

I was wondering what everyone's fears are.....

My worst fears are that my depression will keep my immobilized and that I will never get the courage to apply for a job and market myself as an R.N. That I will have wasted years and $$$ pursuing a career that I can't work in. In staying STUCK, I will never get out of debt, have my own home again, and be able to live life without crisis mode. And that with this depression, that I'll never have a GENUINE smile again.

The basic one: that one day I will get tired of fighting it.

Coolly and quietly decide that continuing to run my life "in the red" just isn't sensible, and end it.

With the major regret being that I could have done that years ago, and saved myself a lot of pain and effort.

Still fighting, for now.

(someone remind me why, again?)

Chris.

The basic one: that one day I will get tired of fighting it.

Coolly and quietly decide that continuing to run my life "in the red" just isn't sensible, and end it.

With the major regret being that I could have done that years ago, and saved myself a lot of pain and effort.

Still fighting, for now.

(someone remind me why, again?)

Chris.

this. exactly this.

Guest Vapourware

I'm afraid I'll be incapacitated and decide to end it all. It's a frightening state to be in when death feels like the best option. I've been there a few times and I didn't like it. I guess another fear of mine is falling back into depression in the first place because for me, once things start going downhill, it can go down pretty fast.

• 3 weeks later...

Suicide is my worst fear. I attempted once, a couple of months ago because the depression was the worst I had ever experienced and after 2 weeks of hardly being able to get out of the bed, and horrible mental anguish, I tried to kill myself. It was NOT a cry for help. I truly wanted to and believed I would die. Obviously, I didn't. In my mind though, it's like other things you do, once you do it once, it's easier to do it again. I didn't really want to be dead, just wanted the pain to stop, and many days I think about suicide and am terrified of myself that I will do it.

Have you told your pdoc about this? This is serious. You fear suicide, so it only makes sense to try everything you can to avoid that. You owe that to yourself. If you can't get into your pdoc - you should go to the hospital. The sooner you get help, the sooner you can make these feelings stop.

My worst fear is that the depression will keep me from enjoying the only physical activities that keep me going. That depression would take the meaning from my life because I dont want to do anything but curl up in bed.

Mine would be an eventual inability for all meds to work for me.

I have already built resistance to so many and now on MAOI which after 8 months is starting to fail.

A dead end where nothing works would be a death sentance for me.

I'm afraid I'll be incapacitated and decide to end it all. It's a frightening state to be in when death feels like the best option. I've been there a few times and I didn't like it. I guess another fear of mine is falling back into depression in the first place because for me, once things start going downhill, it can go down pretty fast.

This, basicly.

Also, failing my exams and never finding someone who would be willing to put up with my bs in a relationship.

To be honest, the thing that kept me from suicide the one time I was making real plans was that I was afraid that I would fuck up, and end up in a vegetative state; or worse, totally paralyzed and unable to communicate, but able to understand everything.

My dad has treated too many survivors of gunshot wounds for me to even feel like that would be 100% successful. He actually had a patient give himself a lobotomy.

My worst fear involves passing a genetic predisposition on to my 4 year old daughter. Nothing frightens me more than the thought of her having to deal with the havoc wrought by depression. If nothing else, I stick it out for her – so that should she too become afflicted, I will be there to help her find her way.

I don’t fear death, and I don’t fear suicide (my own) – in fact, I would feel trapped in this life if I didn’t know I could commit suicide at any time. As Nietzsche said: The thought of suicide is a powerful solace: by means of it one gets through many a bad night.

My worst fear of all time is that of losing touch with reality, because that was what caused my depression a few years ago. Since I came out of it, I know I do not want to go back. And my depression completely screwed up any hope of reality testing like far more than the psychosis. So if I ever go back to depression then I'm pretty much screwed. Not good.

My primary fear for the past twenty years is that I was going to turn into my mother as I got older. She is the most miserable person I've ever met, and she'd rather be miserable than do anything about her MI. Oddly, I stayed in denial about my own MI for a long time, even after being diagnosed and medicated multiple times, I think because my MI wasn't as bad as her MI. It wasn't until I had been suicidal for months and had a temporary reprieve from those thoughts that I realized how sick I was and what a hypocrite I was for not getting help for myself while criticizing her for not getting help. So in the end my big fear ended up helping me get better. Now I'm not afraid of it any more, either.

Archived