CrazyBoards.org

Hi all

Greetings from Nova Scotia!

I stumbled upon this site today and automatically liked it better than the usual "cyberhug" touchy feely type sites. Sometimes I just have to know that I'm not alone. Sometimes I just need to rant.

I have been diagnosed with Social Anxiety Disorder and Depression. My doctor and I have been playing around with meds and dosages and for now I am on 100mg of Pristiq and 20mg of Nortriptyline.

I'm very lucky to have found someone to share my life with who not only supports me wholeheartedly but also accepts me for who and how I am. We live our happy little existance in our homey apartment with our pet rabbit and rat. He is a very outgoing individual and I find that every now and then, I can venture out with him because I know I won't have to do any of the socializing. I have one friend with whom I am comfortable with and I have very supportive parents.

I'm moderately functional with my SAD though I do fear people in general and the general public. I do have an office job that I love in an industry that I studied but I don't have much of an existance outside of those 9-5 hours. Thank god for Netflix becoming available in Canada because I spend a lot of time at home watching movies! I'm also a painter and get a lot of my excess stress, emotion and thoughts that I can't get out in words that way. I also sometimes get paid for this. Bonus.

Anyway, there's my blurb. My online life tends to be similar to my real life so I expect to do a lot of lurking until I feel comfortable...

Welcome :) I'm in Canada too, but over in Quebec. Hope you like it here :)

When you have a minute, take a read over the rules, and if you have any questions, feel free to PM a mod or admin

Welcome to Crazyboards!

I'm in the US, but I have many happy memories of Nova Scotia because my husband and I spent part of our honeymoon there, and we went back several other times. (We have friends in Springhill).

Anyway, lurk all you want, and let us know if we can help you in any way.

olga

Archived