CrazyBoards.org

Elizabeth Taylor funeral

bpladybug

You know what, Ladybug? Liz's friends and family will be inside the church/synagogue (can't remember her religion) and it won't matter if those jackasses are out in the street. With all the celebrities attending, I'm sure the police will keep those nutcases a couple of blocks from the funeral.

Liz went out on a limb to do fund-raising for AIDS before it was fashionable and she deserves a lot of credit for her support of the gay community and gay individuals who were her friends.

If no one gave Phelps publicity, maybe he would stop with his protesting.

olga

Liz went out on a limb to do fund-raising for AIDS before it was fashionable and she deserves a lot of credit for her support of the gay community and gay individuals who were her friends.

If no one gave Phelps publicity, maybe he would stop with his protesting.

olga

he does do it for the publicity, that is for sure, but he just disgusts me Olga, you too I am sure

she did so much for AIDS research she started amFAR

That's horrible. So much for loving thy neighbour. I wasn't aware of this guy because I'm in Australia, but Wikipedia tells all.

Agent 99, he is a very particular type of american cretin, in the name of religion ARGH

peacedove3356.jpg?o=18peacedove3356.jpg

Someone I know (protecting them) lived across the street from the Phelps church. I spent the day up there and got the low down on it all. The extended family lives in the surrounding blocks. Very creepy. They may be 'Christian' but you don't want to cross them and turn your back.

Someone I know (protecting them) lived across the street from the Phelps church. I spent the day up there and got the low down on it all. The extended family lives in the surrounding blocks. Very creepy. They may be 'Christian' but you don't want to cross them and turn your back.

It is a cult, right? Led by a narcissistic, megalomaniac. That is my impression. I can understand why you want to protect your friend's identity for their safety. It is something when you need to breed your own church.

Westboro Baptist Church is one of those things that only exists because people pay attention to it. Phelps and most of his family are lawyers. They get quite a bit of their income from litigation, and the media loves to cover everything they do - which gives them more chances to litigate. In other words, peoples' disgust is what keeps them alive. When you let their protests overshadow the events they're protesting, they get what they want.

Yup. And she practiced Kabalah, so she was into it. My husband was raised Catholic, and I am so glad I didn't have to go to his grandmother's viewing and funeral last weekend. I do not "get" viewing, I am not used to seeing bodies. My feeling is get them into the ground. I know it is really common, it just makes me nervous.

I do not "get" viewing, I am not used to seeing bodies. My feeling is get them into the ground. I know it is really common, it just makes me nervous.

It is nerve racking, I live in a mostly catholic city and every single funeral I have ever attended to date has been an open viewing. It is a lot, and scary, my friend who died last year, her funeral had to be the hardest because it was open casket, I had to take 1.5mg of klonopin to get in the door and have my sister drive me. I think it has something to do with one lst farewell. I dont really know why though, I pap was jewish and he was cremated, we never got to see him, my aunt was so quick within 24hrs he was no longer here, jewish customs where new to me at the time, but i get it now, and I do agree that it is a little creepy, the whole open casket thing, it is like a smack in the face to see people in their most fragile state.

I am torn about viewing ..I think for some it is good to have closure and say good bye literally face to fact ..and because I am half Jewish I also have this feeling you need to take care of things quickly ..but that was and old custom and made sense when we could not do the things we can do now

anyway I regret I did not get to see my son's body ..no one would let me and therefor I never had that closure

grief is just so fucked up ..and not everyone handles it the same way ..some folks need to see the person to say good bye fully ..others do not

I think I would have been flipped completely out but in a sense that would have given me the closure I needed

and I needed to sob scream fall over and wail over my son

but I am married to a midwastern man who was from a Lutheran family who just quielty lets people go and does not show the hysteria I am prone to

Back to Elizabeth Taylor's funeral ..I think she would have supported this silly "religious" group's right to demonstrate and probably would have flipped them off right out the side of her coffin for effect!

Imagine their faces if someone did that from a coffin? ...I would love to see the procession march right by these guys at one of these funerals and have a person hiding in the coffin to come ot life and just lift the lid ..stick a hand out the side with a big ass bird showing!!!

.I think she would have supported this silly "religious" group's right to demonstrate and probably would have flipped them off right out the side of her coffin for effect!

Imagine their faces if someone did that from a coffin? ...I would love to see the procession march right by these guys at one of these funerals and have a person hiding in the coffin to come ot life and just lift the lid ..stick a hand out the side with a big ass bird showing!!!

That would be priceless, she was classy though, but she was also dramatic. Where there protsters at MJs funeral?

• 1 month later...

Ever since I saw the Louis Theroux documentary I just feel so sorry for the whole Phelps family.

It's sad that they feel this need to actively try to fill themselves and their children with hate when it seems so contrary to their nature. It seems like they'd all much rather be loving and kind people but they're under the eternal control of two insane patriarchs, Fred Phelps, and their God, who as far as they are concerned is exactly as Fred Phelps describes him.

It seems like because family and love is so important to them they'll do all this crazy shit to preserve the family, because they feel safe only within the family, and if you disagree you'll be told you're going to hell. Going to hell and not being part of the family are one in the same.

I think in the end they don't do much harm to anyone but themselves, i think extremists always make those people who say things like "I'm not racist/homophobic/xenophobic but..." more self aware.

I think the way sci-fi conventions deal with being protested is the best:

god-hates-jedi-20100723-125344.jpg

Archived