CrazyBoards.org

Stupid movie

I was watching a movie last night on LMN :rolleyes: about a woman with bipolar and drug addiction. At one point in the movie they show her inpatient in the psych hospital and the doc says to her sister that she needs her meds, they are SRI's a "serotin" (their pronunciation) reuptake inhibitor and that they even out her highs and lows. And that they are "hard core" meds.

Really?! :angry2: they could have at least done some research and made it accurate.

I shouldn't say it was a stupid movie, I liked it actually. But I was irritated that they said an SSRI would stabilize her moods and that they are hard core meds. :rolleyes: It was "Bringing Ashley Home"

Yeah, that always irritates me - med mistakes.

In United States of Tara, there's an episode where this drug rep says his wife takes something like "100 mg of Ativan and a Zoloft chaser". It seems that they may have mixed up the dosing, since 100 mg of Zoloft is perfectly reasonable, but 100 mg of Ativan is sooooo not.

Well I guess that , if you are bipolar and you take SSRIs - they can be hardcore when you get high as a kite from a drug induced manic episode :rolleyes: . I know, it is really irritating and it is so counterproductive. I wish TV in america were like tv in britain. They have wondeful shows that help dispell prejudice and inform people.

Archived