CrazyBoards.org

New Patient - Side effects Anorgasmia help?

Had a couple of good days and this after a pretty mind melting bunch of crap days. Maybe the Celexa (Generic) is working? If so it seems really subtle...

Do most people have an A HAH moment on SSRIs where the suddenly feel super good or am I'm wishful thinking?

I'm past the first time headaches, GI blues etc. I'm still dealing with some Anorgasmia and that prompts my question. Should I ask for a change? Should I ask for an "antidote" like Welbruten? Anyone with experience that they wouldn't mind sharing would be appreciated.

No, I'm not going to stop the meds. Dealing with depression is more important to me then having difficulty with climax.

Hey,

I was on Celexa for about a year. I had very bad anorgasmia (like, couldn't orgasm no matter what, no feeling between my legs kind of thing) for the first couple of months, and then it sort of mellowed out. It was still really hard to orgasm and I couldn't do it more than once or twice a week at the outside, so I had to sort of save it for sex, and infrequent sex at that, and I basically gave up masturbation. But it was tolerable as long as it was helping my depression.

Then it crapped out and I moved on.

I had the same thing on Zoloft (another SSRI) so I think it's just what SSRIs do to me. But if you wait for a while, things might get at least better.

My thing with side effects (and this is just me) is that unless it's a major dealbreaker, I wait until my condition is stable and my symptoms are gone and then I work on the side effects. But only you can decide if it's a dealbreaker for you, and if it is, it's worth talking to your doctor about adding something to help.

As for how it feels when it starts working, for me it's reasonably sudden, but sporadic at first. I'll start having a few good hours, then a few good days, then it tends to level out and I feel okay most of the time. I think different people feel different ways though.

For me, in that intermediate stage, I start to wonder - maybe this is what normal feels like, maybe it will never be better than this. But at least for me, when I actually do hit normal, I KNOW - this is what I should feel like.

Thanks for the feedback. I got a call from my GPs office asking me how its going if I want to try a different med or? I'm really not sure. I talked to someone else using this and she pointed out that when it worked she stopped chewing her nails down to the bone. I did a "WHA???" Because for the first time in like??? For-EVER I have nails that are not chewed down to the bone. I mean this is like weird... I also have had a couple of days in a row that were not "depressed, depressed more then yesterday, this sucks, Horrible" on the mood-o-meter that I've been trying to do. For a while I kept thinking "ok yesterday was actually worse then the day before I just didn't define depressed well" So when I had a "ok" and then a good and today an excellent day I'm kind of staggered...

The anorgasmia thing I'm not sure what to do about. Its possible but.... Just barely. I'm not numb I'm just not able to climax without a lot more ahh... work. If you can ever call that work...

• 2 weeks later...

My Doctors office called because my one month check up got reskeded. I went over how I was doing and they called back to say "Try switching to Bupropion SR but quit the Celexa for 2 days" Anyhow, the timing was bad in one way I think the Celexa (Generic) was working but... Why not I can switch back if it doesn't work. The update is that I don't seem to have the anorgasmia with Bopropion SR but I'm also kind of waiting for it to start working (A couple weeks I'm told)

Try taking the damn stuff early night one.... and then make love late on night two. The damn things take weeks to work, but the side effects are _much_ faster.

Try "time box" yourself. If no luck after X, stop. Where X is some value a lot less than tears of frustration / worn out partner.

Try again tomorrow. By then your prostrate would have been woken up to the fact that it is suppose to be doing something useful.

Ive had really bad anorgasmia on prozac and zoloft. celexa was a bit better in that regard.

usually docs will add things like wellbutrin for this, but in my experience all it did was increase desire, not performance.

Archived