CrazyBoards.org

Weird Incident; Should I Worry?

It's silly to ask should I worry, since I am already off and running in worry land. I have posted here about noisy neighbors. Well, the noise has drastically reduced, so that I am not having to complain anymore. I had even ventured to open my bedroom window to get some fresh air in it before retiring. BTW, I never sleep with the window open. Anyway, my boyfriend and I were in the living room watching TV. I was heading towards my bedroom to look something up on the computer, when I saw that my cat was staring at the open bedroom window. I saw someone move away very quickly and by the time I got over there, I saw that my neighbor's boyfriend was trying to stride nonchalantly away. He had been peering into my bedroom! WTF? I don't understand why he was doing that. My mind is creating all sorts of horrible reasons for it, and fear levels are off the charts again.

Madrigal, if you feel your safety has been compromised i would advise you to call the police and make a complaint - sounds like an invasion of your privacy to me

It would be hard to make a complaint in this situation, because I have no proof. One of the possible outcomes is that my neighbor may feel that I am harassing her because I have complained about her disturbances (noisy people never believe that the ones who complain have a legitimate reason to) She may believe that I am trying to get her boyfriend into trouble. Another reason, is that her back door is nearly right next to my bedroom window. So her boyfriend could claim that he was just exiting or entering her house. I am still trying to think of a workable solution that won't involve police. The very thought of the police is enough to make me throw up. Part of my PTSD.

Archived