CrazyBoards.org

Just me

Hey,

My name is Andrew im 17 years old and from Cincinnati. I play two sports (Football and wrestling) and have a 3.8 GPA at one of the most prestigious High-schools in the area. Im told all the time that Im a great guy but I dont feel like it. The past several months Ive been experiencing waves of Highs (where great things happen) followed by sometimes crippling Lows, where I feel extremely depressed and angry. I believe its been caused by myself and other people. Long story short two very important girls in my life. (Girls are weirdly my best friends) These girls were my best-friends, and both our our relationships changed rapidly within a month and a half of each other. Girl number one broke up with me after a 4 1/2 month relationship (which left me devastated). Girl number two tried to help me through the breakup and fell for me. I had feelings for her, but they were overpowered by feelings for girl number one. I told girl number the truth and that I couldn't be with her because I was hurting and she exploded and we have not talked since. Ive essentially lost my support system and have been forced to deal with this alone. Ive always felt Like I was different from everybody else since 7t grade on but now I fear im losing my mind and am going crazy. :(

welcome andrew!

i'm sorry you seem to be going through such a rough time, glad you found us here!

i went through/am going through similar things with the lows.... i really recommend seeing someone near you (like a therapist/counselor) it helps me a lot.

and theres always people here to talk to!

Andrew,

Welcome.

In my experience you can pretty much trust a compliment to be sincere. So if people are telling you that you are a great guy,

I think you can accept that as a sincere expression of their feelings about you. (And, the converse is interesting. People who

feel compelled to say negative things are often dealing with unresolved issues of their own.)

My question would be whether you have discussed your issues with your parents. And, if so, whether they are supportive.

That may be a better place to start than an internet message board, if you have not already. This is just IMHO.

BTW, I know Cincinatti has historically had really good high school football. So you're on a high level of competition

there. I tried to bulk up for my senior year and went from 120 lb to 165 lb in like 4 months. Still too small and even

slower than before.

Good luck. And maybe you can keep us posted.

Well actually thats funny because I play for a VERY VERY small school team (Division 5 lol) and Ironicly enough just like you I am only 125 lbs and I play offensive line. But thank you very much for your kind words and welcome. My parents are unaware as of now because I have not worked up enough courage to speak openly about issues right now but am working on it.

Andrew,

Welcome.

In my experience you can pretty much trust a compliment to be sincere. So if people are telling you that you are a great guy,

I think you can accept that as a sincere expression of their feelings about you. (And, the converse is interesting. People who

feel compelled to say negative things are often dealing with unresolved issues of their own.)

My question would be whether you have discussed your issues with your parents. And, if so, whether they are supportive.

That may be a better place to start than an internet message board, if you have not already. This is just IMHO.

BTW, I know Cincinatti has historically had really good high school football. So you're on a high level of competition

there. I tried to bulk up for my senior year and went from 120 lb to 165 lb in like 4 months. Still too small and even

slower than before.

Good luck. And maybe you can keep us posted.

Archived