CrazyBoards.org

I'm not finding a lot on this med. I was just prescribed 200mgs for migraines by a neurologist and my psychiatrist said it would help with the irritability I was having. The bottle said to take it all at bed time and he prescribed it to me in 100mg pills. I mainly get the headaches during the day. I don't have to work today (I normally work 7 days a week) so I tried splitting the dose and taking 1 this morning and will take the other tonight. It has really helped with the headache during the day, but I feel like I just smoked a bowl and I can't feel my arms. My intent was to do this during the week because the headaches seem to be brought on by work stress and my supervisor is an asshole. Does the stoned feeling get better with time? I'm not falling asleep at my desk or anything and I was able to have a phone conversation with my dad, I just feel really weird

Zonegran has a really long half life. I mean, really really long. Like, three and a half days long. There's no need to split the dose, and taking it all at night should reduce the stoned feeling.

Zonegran gave me the stupids, mildly damaged my kidneys, and didn't work for me. But I am not telling you to stop it, YMMV, etc. It is related to Topomax, but is supposed to have fewer side effects. It didn't really help me, but I know people it does help. I didn't know it was capable of working that fast when it does, though.

I had a lot of gastro-intestinal issues with it. I always felt crampy, bloated, an constipated. I had a poor experience, so don't know if this it the case for you, but it didn't pass for me. But again, I didn't respond well.

I use docusate sodium to get my bowels moving again. You can take it fairly often, but talk to your doctor, it is a chemical laxative.

Archived