CrazyBoards.org

Salut, mes amis!

Oh, the things I find at 3 A.M....

Please call me Marie. I'm 30, going on 31 in June. Single, no kids, slightly college-educated, living with a friend from high school, and working at a national grocery store as a cook. Uhm.......

I was a really quiet child who kept my head in the books, stayed on the honor roll, but had difficulty making friends my own age. Still do. Think it had to do with transferring from school to school a lot.

Something wrong was noticed in me around 13. I had violent thoughts and a temper. But it wasn't until 15 that I got a dx of Bipolar 2. By that time, I shed the quiet girl act and went on all-crazy mode. Never made honor roll again, had unstable relationships, did a lot of things that could have killed me, gotten me pregnant, or landed me in jail, but didn't. Been in and out of hospitals. Dropped out of high school my senior year, got the GED a year later. From there, just a string of jobs I could barely keep.

Went to college, tried to kill myself twice, and landed the second diagnosis of BPD. That was 2002. I've been trying to manage ever since.

I had a really amazing period between 2003 and 2008 where I just felt great, stopped my meds, exercised and lost 50 lbs, had a loving partnership, and made a lot of money at a bank. Then it all came back, and the crazy part was that I couldn't recognize the symptoms while I was having them. It took a break-up to realize that I was sick again. I'm managing a lot better than before, having chosen to see a therapist and psych doc instead of being forced to. My only problem is that I'm poor and I can't afford the meds every month, so I'm occasionally off for weeks at a time. Like now.

I don't ask for much from you. Just having a safe place to post stuff (unlike FB, which can be pretty awkward) is alright by me. Thank you for listening.

I don't know where you are located, Marie, but if you're in the USA, I know that there are programs to get psych drugs for people who can't afford them. Look around the boards and I bet you'll find that information. Ah, here it is:

http://www.crazyboards.org/forums/index.php/topic/20-programs-to-get-low-costfree-meds/

Fiona wrote this some years ago, so some of it might be out of date. Hmmm......you said in your post that it was 3 AM, and the timestamp is 7 PM. I have a feeling we're not in the same time zone!

Anyway, I hope we can help you with some support and information. Please PM a moderator if you don't understand something. Be sure to check out chat if you want to talk with someone.

Welcome!

olga

Hi and welcome!! Wow, your story sounds a lot like mine. I, too, got sick around 13. I had to drop out of high school only to get my GED soon afterwards. But I made it through college and then went on to graduate school. The first years of graduate school I too experienced a remission. Even our meds are similar! I wish you luck, and I think you will like it here.

Salut mes amis, bonjour. (x2)

Salut mes amis (x3)

Salut mes amis, bonjour (x2)

If you're going to sing the song, let's sing the whole song! :)

Can completely relate to the GED and the SU and many other things.

Welcome to CB. Hopefully you can find what you're looking for, here.

I don't know where you are located, Marie, but if you're in the USA, I know that there are programs to get psych drugs for people who can't afford them. Look around the boards and I bet you'll find that information. Ah, here it is:

http://www.crazyboar...-costfree-meds/

Fiona wrote this some years ago, so some of it might be out of date. Hmmm......you said in your post that it was 3 AM, and the timestamp is 7 PM. I have a feeling we're not in the same time zone!

Anyway, I hope we can help you with some support and information. Please PM a moderator if you don't understand something. Be sure to check out chat if you want to talk with someone.

Welcome!

olga

Thank you very much for the tip on the free meds. I'll look into it tomorrow.

I joined at around 3a.m. but didn't post until... whenever it was. I'm in the central time zone.

--marie

Archived