CrazyBoards.org

Rude Cops Suck

Cetkat

I generally like police when they're not doing speed traps.. They're usually ok and can be quite nice. However...

On my way here to the Mac store, there was one cop switching erratically from one lane to another without a turn signal or anything. There were two left turn lanes coming up and he swerved from the middle lane all the way into the far turn lane - right in front of me and Jenn (who was driving). We were preparing to stop, but the cop just came too damn close and forced us into the other turn lane.. over and whole 3 feet of yellow lines that predate the lane. Then this dude had the nerve to walk up and bitch at us, as apparently, *he* wanted to switch lanes again (without warning) and we "took his spot." WTF? He did the whole annoyed give me your license routine and just talked down to us in a very un professional way. Didn't even bother looking at the license and then got all huffy and went back to his car. So we all make the turn... and low and behold, after less than a block, the cop swerves in-front of yet another car that has to slam on it's breaks to avoid a crash. So, yeah, that makes me feel *real* safe. *frown*

Wow, that's some serious jerk-dom right there. DId you get the badge number or anything? I'd be complaining if that happened to me.

I would have been so upset. When they act like that it's best to at least get their license plate number, patrol car number, and make a note of the date and time.

Yeah, I know right? Unfortunately it wasn't viewable because it only ticked us off when he was right behind us, and the numbers are on the side. I would *love* to report him though. I did kind of dis him from the passenger seat (since he only have's the right to deal with the driver). But, I of course had to remain civil.. or he would have taken it out on Jenn. I really hate cops like that. I know a few really good ones, but that certainly wasn't him.

I understand your anger, Cetkat. But recently I was pulled over and the cop asked me why my hands were shaking so bad and I screamed right in his face, "Because I'm on fucking lithium. You got any problems?" (I was manic.) He just told me to stop shouting before I got in too deep. I got a ticket and drove off.

I would not want to be a policeman. There are good and bad, but I wouldn't even want the job.

[Edit: But you all are right about getting the badge number and all that. On the other hand, I feel like I need to make amends to the cop.]

I understand your anger, Cetkat. But recently I was pulled over and the cop asked me why my hands were shaking so bad and I screamed right in his face, "Because I'm on fucking lithium. You got any problems?" (I was manic.) He just told me to stop shouting before I got in too deep. I got a ticket and drove off.

I would not want to be a policeman. There are good and bad, but I wouldn't even want the job.

[Edit: But you all are right about getting the badge number and all that. On the other hand, I feel like I need to make amends to the cop.]

Yeah we were both very polite. He wasn't on traffic duty so he didn't want to do the paperwork probably & let us go. He was just so rude an irresponsibiby that it really pissed me off. Said a few vague comments that he didn't get and then moved on.

Actually, what the cop said was: "You better stop while you're ahead."

It's funny how words can push just the right button. (obviously, the reverse is also true)

I mean what he said was idiomatic.

He probably didn't even think about it.

Yet, the concept that I could "be ahead" in the deal settled me down.

Actually, what the cop said was: "You better stop while you're ahead."

It's funny how words can push just the right button. (obviously, the reverse is also true)

I mean what he said was idiomatic.

He probably didn't even think about it.

Yet, the concept that I could "be ahead" in the deal settled me down.

Yeah, that was inferred.. but not the warning. So I of course took up for her very politely - nothing to piss him off in the least. He wasn't going to write anything -paperwork- he just wanted to speed and piss people off. His attitude was the same thought the whole thing and went right back to his car after bitching at us - without checking a single thing.

Anyway, we were off to the Mac store so I used their comps to write this out b/c I was still bothering me... over it now, but the guy was definitely an ass. I know alot of great cops that would never pull that shit.

• 4 weeks later...

i was pulled over for speeding. i had to tell the cop i was having a major panic attack and he asked, "do you have ativan, or something?" and i replied, "yeah, but i can't take it while driving!" he was actually pretty cool, but still gave me the ticket...

That cop is smarter than I am. I had to google Ativan to find out what it is. I guess they deal with such.

I have gone 2 whole weeks without a ticket. It feels good. The last guy thought he was Vic Mackey

from "The Shield" or something. If I had encountered him early in my episode it could

have been catastrophic.

Archived