CrazyBoards.org

Paranoia towards the medical professionals

My grandpa is in rehab, he's weak unable to walk very well and has dementia.

I feel like the staff there are subtly poisoining him, or giving him something to make him sick, so that he has to stay there longer and gives them more money.

I look at his situation and think that the doctors at home are doing the same thing to me.

My psychiatrist doesn't want me well, she doesn't want her patients to recover. If her patients all recovered then how would she get her income, so she's obviously keeping me sick enough that I need to continue to see her take her pills and stay in her hospital.

It's all their fault

Hi Zoe. We've missed you. I know that you are a smart woman and respect you a lot. You know what CB is about, so I am pretty sure that at least part of you knows that you have an idea that you are somewhat paranoid. I also think part of you knows that the problem isn't the medical establishment. They are trying their best. All aren't perfect but it's not an evil profession. More likely, your illness is spiking a little and a med adjustment would help.

Of course you doctor has repeat business. She treats people with chronic conditions. But why oh why would she prefer treating sick people over people having full, healthy lives who just happen to see her for medication?

I'm sorry about your grandpa. It is hard when the ones we love get old and their health wanes.

Guest Vapourware

Sorry to hear about how your grandpa and yourself are going. I agree with Stacia though, both your grandpa and you have chronic conditions and that's why you both have to see medical professionals. They're not poisoning you for profit - you have to see them to manage your symptoms. It's hard when your symptoms don't resolve, but medical professionals really do want you to get better and live full lives in the community.

Archived