CrazyBoards.org

Still cycling?

I'm more stable then ever before but I think I might still be cycling. There are nights that I'd be off and running if it weren't for the Seroquel. And, there are times when I feel dreadfully "uninspired"... not sure it's depression... but these are the times I'm most likely to either start drinking again or experience intense negative emotions. Wow, just writing it down and it seems obvious. Best share w/ pdoc. I was reluctant to bring this up because the meds have given me such freedom and balance compared to before I didn't want to mess w/ them. Maybe it's time for a tweak?

I'm more stable then ever before but I think I might still be cycling. There are nights that I'd be off and running if it weren't for the Seroquel. And, there are times when I feel dreadfully "uninspired"... not sure it's depression... but these are the times I'm most likely to either start drinking again or experience intense negative emotions. Wow, just writing it down and it seems obvious. Best share w/ pdoc. I was reluctant to bring this up because the meds have given me such freedom and balance compared to before I didn't want to mess w/ them. Maybe it's time for a tweak?

Yes, talk to your doctor, and tell him that your meds are helping you alot but not completely. He/she can add an antidepressant or Abilify to make you feel better. That said, the dosages that you list are not very high. Your pdoc may just increase your dosages. Seroquel at 50 mg will only help you sleep, but not do much at all for your other symptoms. And you can go up to 400 mg on the Lamictal (lamotrigine).

It's good to hear that you've had such a positive response to your meds. As you noticed, it seems there still is some cycling going on. Talk to your pdoc about that sooner than later. Typical Lamictal dose is 200mg and Seroquel at 50mg is mostly a sleeping pill unless you are taking it during the day which would make it more of a sedating antianxiety pill. So, like others have said, you have room to go up on your meds. Since they've been successful so far, I wouldn't be surprised if that's the way your pdoc goes. Just, you know, give her a call sooner than later. She'll help but you have to tell her there is a problem.

Thanks everyone. I have an appointment in early May but I plan to send an email... maybe get an earlier appointment. Part of it for me is that I've learned some pretty awesome coping skills before getting dx'd and can present really well (I'm a chronic approval seeker). The more I read and learn the more I recognize that I've been borderline psychotic on many occaisions. I'm starting to look forward to talking to pdoc about this.... I'm so wary about Docs for a number of reasons and still a bit stubborn about doing it all myself but I'm changing and moving in the right direction I think. It's so weird that I'm finding it VERY NICE to just trudge through daily tasks w/out an intense ferver of drippy significance attached to every little thing.

Thanks everyone. I have an appointment in early May but I plan to send an email... maybe get an earlier appointment. Part of it for me is that I've learned some pretty awesome coping skills before getting dx'd and can present really well (I'm a chronic approval seeker). The more I read and learn the more I recognize that I've been borderline psychotic on many occaisions. I'm starting to look forward to talking to pdoc about this.... I'm so wary about Docs for a number of reasons and still a bit stubborn about doing it all myself but I'm changing and moving in the right direction I think. It's so weird that I'm finding it VERY NICE to just trudge through daily tasks w/out an intense ferver of drippy significance attached to every little thing.

I just wanted to say I related to your comment on opening up to a doctor. I had to have it pounded into my head 4 times before I really took this seriously enough to talk about more then a little talk therapy. I think having a doctor you connect with is so important. I also found that when talking about stuff your not comfortable with its of great value to write it (type it) out and if it gets hard to say it you can just hand it over and ask her/him to give it a once over. It helps also so that you don't forget (Or as I did forget on purpose)

I too have often "forgotten" to tell my pdoc everything as well and recently wrote him out a huge list which ended up tying alot of things together and resulting in a change in my meds (for the better so far) so I'd def agree with James186282 in that writing things that are too hard or embarassing to say is really useful

It's a change, isn't it.

I'm glad you called your pdoc. The haredest thing about getting help sometimes is simply finding the courage to ask.

Archived