CrazyBoards.org

Took Seroquel 200mg last night- when is it safe to drink alcohol

I am going on a bit of vacation. I have tried skipping a dose of Seroquel on a Friday night here or there for a night out but found that I wake the next morn with a horrible headache/nausea. I have never experienced this before, but found that 24 hours is not enough to get it out of my system. I know the half-life to be 6hours, but don't really understand too well. I took my Seroquel last night at 10pm, but am afraid to have alcohol with my friends because I don't want a horrible hangover.

Just Curious

As far as I know, it's not advisable to be having any more than one or two small measure of alcohol with Seroquel. It is very sedating and you don't want to fall unconscious as a result of mixing Seroquel with a night of drinking. No night out is worth that, really. Also, alcohol tends to exacerbate Bipolar mood swings.

If anything, seroquel would help with the anxious part of the hangover but would likely reduce your alchohol tolerance. As with any psych med, drinking on it can reduce the effectiveness of the medication. Also don't drive after drinking anything at all on it until you have a good feel for how the interaction works.

It would probably be a good idea to try it at home before risking getting sick or turning into drunken maniac on only three drinks.

I drank pretty regularly on seroquel but everyone is going to respond differently.

Drinking on seroquel is really not the best idea. That said, I have certainly done it myself, and haven't had any problems.

Skipping your meds, even just for a night here or there, on the other hand, is likely to create some real problems. You just really shouldn't do that.

100 mg of Seroquel and a shitload of booze landed me in the ER. It's probably not a good idea to have more than one drink, at least not until you know how they interact. Nor is it wise to drink regularly (medicated or not). It's definitely not wise to skip taking your meds so that you can get smashed.

I'm just going to reiterate that drinking on meds (especially sedative ones) is not generally a good idea, but, should you decide to drink, stick to a low amount and see how it affects you and go from there. I could also drink on Seroquel fine - many others can't. As for the hangover, it's not necessarily the alcohol. Withdrawal from the Seroquel that you decided not to take in order to party can also include those symptoms. I think taking your regular dose and limiting your drinks to one or two (at most) is the best way to go. The only reason you should skip the Seroquel is if you've already fucked up and drank way too much beforehand - just to be safe and to not compound the effects of both the alcohol and the Seroquel. You'd probably feel like shit the next day, but that's the price. I'd highly advise that you not allow that to occur.

So, yeah.. take your meds as rx'd and drink slowly and in small amounts until you learn your personal tolerance.

-Yeah the Seroquel seems to make the alcohol not taste good and gives me very adverse affects.

Headache etc come horribly in the morning even with little alcohol.

I have taken Seroquel for years. I have never been able to drink alcohol since I have been taking Seroquel.

Alcohol and Seroquel just don't mix well, apparently.

On just Pristiq I was fine to drink. On Geodon, it made me black out for hours and hours, be a slut without even remembering (lol), and then threaten suicide for a few more hours. Physically I felt fine, but man my mind was fucked. Lithium was even MORE dangerous...landed me in the ER as well, completely psychotic and screaming. Now, I drink a LOT (average 10 or more drinks) so I don't know what smaller amounts do. As people have said, it may sedate you more on something like Seroquel. I do wonder though what it would be like if you only took 200 mg at night and drank during the afternoon. I dunno. Just don't skip your dose, that's dumb.

Archived