CrazyBoards.org

I am waiting for my bronze medal

In the competetition for most stressful, screwed up family through no fault of our own. I think we have a good chance of winning. We've trained hard for this.

I am married to a severe bipolar man who is also diagnosed with Aspergers, and recently developed a seizure disorder. We have 3 kids, the two oldest diagnosed with PDD-NOS, one milder than the other. Both were nonverbal and had no self help abilities till they were 5 or so. The youngest seems developmentally on target but she's a toddler so she could be Aspergers for all I know. I love my family very much, but there are days (today) I want to run off to the Amazon and swim with the piranhas.

And me, I thought I was normal. Sure, some mild depression occasionally and postpartum depression, but all nicely fixed by low doses of antidepressant. I thought I rocked being a caring, support wife and proactive, caring mom of kids with SN. I didn't even martyr myself, I made time for myself, hobbies, friends, etc.

And then last year I got motor conversion disorder, aka hysteria. It was almost a classic presentation as I was told, how many people can claim astasia abasia as a symptom? I can!

I did everything they told me, therapy for the most. No more conversion disorder symptoms but some nasty anxiety and depression. My coping skills are gone and I have no patience for my family. Now my husband, the breadwinner, has developed seizures I can't muster up the Mary Sunshine act to cheer him through another crisis. I irrationally think somehow he should fix it. Umm, yeah, not happening.

So there it is.

And I am not sharing anything about nipple clamps, that's more of second date discussion.

welcome to CB, this is a great site, it really is helpful and everyone is great here. We also have a fabulous chat room.

Don't worry about the nipple clamps, we typically only talk about them on Tuesdays lol

Hi Imperial,

Nice to meet you, I am 42, with a almost 15 year old autistic child, I definitely feel where you're coming from, I am glad you found the board, check out Chat if you like live one on one talking about all kinds of life related things. No set topics, just come and discuss your need for support and compassion during a rough patch or to share in your delights with simple pleasures. Welcome to CB! It's not easy, but we SN mom's can get depression, anxiety and worse ourselves. I battle with PTSD from a serious accident where I nearly died and lost a leg to the left hip just about. My point though is that we all have our own trials, and we just gotta muddle through sometimes. Especially with kids depending on you for routine stability.

Welcome :)

I hope you like it here - it sounds like a rough road for you, and I hope you can get some support here. Check out the rules when you have a chance and feel free to PM a mod or admin if you have any questions about anything.

Welcome to CB. I...am most definitely younger than you, but I'm always available to talk via PM if you need an ear...or eye...or however that works.

I'm sorry it's been stressful. I hope CB can be your haven. I know it's mine.

-Bells

Archived