CrazyBoards.org

i miss being manic

after having ECT treatments and subsequently being put on clozaril, all my mania is gone. I MISS IT! it made life go from ok, to AWESOME! im gonna talk to my doctor about maybe decreasing my dose. its not fair, i get the lows but not the highs. i mean, sure im not getting into fist fights with my dad but at the same time its like some of my life was drained from me. i miss the highs, badly.

H3llo, I don't think you're remembering reality. Look back through some of your old posts here, and show me a single one that suggests you were having such a fabulous time when you were unmedicated.

H3llo, I don't think you're remembering reality. Look back through some of your old posts here, and show me a single one that suggests you were having such a fabulous time when you were unmedicated.

i know. i remember all right. i had quite the hypochondriasis. but sometimes i just miss that manic edge.

Euphoric recall... I get it too. I suspected I had BP for years before bringing it up to the doc because I didn't want anyone "taking" those highs away from me. During my last intense mania I was able to finally see that I really wanted to be great, be successful...... not just feel that way while blowing money or starting a bunch of projects I'll never finish.

This thread reminds me of the song 'I miss the mountains' from the musical Next to Normal which is about a woman who has manic depression and goes through therapy etc etc. Check it out. :)

I have a close friend in this show. Interesting - I knew what it was about and saw it quite a few times ,but now that I got DX, it is TOTALLy different to me. I need to see it again!

Archived