CrazyBoards.org

Whining-I hate depression!

Im really getting to the end of my rope here. I don't know how much more I can take. Im so lonely. I reach out to people, and I feel like I bother them. I only have a couple people I can even talk to. Im home alone all day today. I hardly slept last night. I am at the point where I really don't care anymore. I don't care what happens to me. I can't even afford to go to the pdoc tomorrow like Im supposed to, and my therapy appt on Wednesday! I missed therapy last week. I honestly feel like Im going crazy. My mind is not working right. I am shown how to do something, and not even a minute later, it's foreign to me, like I've never seen it before. I have a vacation to look forward to this summer, and Im not. I don't care. Why isn't the Prozac helping??? Am I that far gone? No hope??

I'm really sorry that you are feeling so bad. Please try to see your pdoc tomorrow. It seems that the Prozac isn't working for you. Maybe you need to augment it with something, I don't know, but you should see your pdoc and tell him/her all of this. I don't think that a pdoc will refuse to see you if you don't have the money one time. Especially not in your state. You can just make arraingements to pay later.

As for the loneliness, coming here is one way to deal with it. Have you also tried to volunteer in the community? I know how volunteering can be difficult when you're depressed, but it is something to look at. How about just going shopping (not buying anything, just getting out of the house)?

I know how hard it can be, so I wish that you feel much better soon.

witchywoman,

Please get w/ your pdoc and tdoc ASAP.

I want to tell you something. Something I was thinking about last night right before falling asleep. I was thinking about "signing off" from crazyboards with a post that thanked everyone for helping me. But, for now, I will just share that something with you.

That something is this:

(1)

People with MI are heroes. Heroes for enduring despite the pain, for carrying on. Heroes for loving despite the pain. Heroes for reaching out to other people for help, despite the fact that reaching out exposes our frailty and our need for love and understanding. Heroes for helping other people when we are able. This heroism needs to be acknowledged and understood by every person with MI. It needs to be taken to heart and mind and nurtured. If you don't feel heroic now, I hope that you will when you get better.

(2)

Love drives the universe. It always has and always will. I love you.

Will

Prozac never worked for me, or Mr. MJ, or particularly well for my stepson, or for my mother. Prozac doesn't work for a lot of people. Prozac, and SSRI's in general often don't work well for people with bipolar. Time to have a chat with your pdoc and see about something else that might work better. If you can't afford to pay this week, might they give you the bill to pay later? I hope you are feeling better soon.

I doubt you're that far gone. There are many, many more meds to try for depression. Some of the BP crowd doesn't do well on AD's at all. Perhaps an AAP or another AC with an AD effect might be in order?

Prozac has been good for me and I have bipolar. But obviously it doesn't work for everyone. I agree with Rowen I highly doubt you're that far gone, clearly you're just not feeling your best right now. Also I don't think it's all that strange to forget how to do something a minute after someone shows you how to do it. Especially when you're depressed. I don't think that's really anything to be super embarrassed about. I hope you feel better soon, take good care of yourself.

Pdoc raised my prozac to 40 mg. We'll see how that goes. I did really good on Lexapro and Abilify, and Seroquel xr kept me from being depressed over the winter. However, all of those meds made me gain a bunch of weight. I hate aaps, even though they help. They make me a zombie and make me fat.

bipolar and ocd sounds like a tough combo. because the SSRIs that are usually used on OCD can make the cycling worse. Have you tried zoloft yet? Im doing well on that for depression. It helps my anger and some of my PTSD symptoms. I tried a higher dose for awhile and I can see how it might have some benefits for other anxiety issues. Its a lot lighter on weight gain than lexapro, usually. Not sure if it would make you cycle more though.

Another idea might be moving away from SSRIs and trying a receptor antagonist like nefazodone. Im not sure how good it would work on ocd, but it shares the same mechanism as the AAPs. Might make you cycle less.

What about adding something for weight gain to an AAP? Like metformin or topamax? Or adding another AC like lamictal?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived