CrazyBoards.org

I guess I belong here.

Hi all. Its amazing how quickly I went from utter denial to thinking, "Wow, there's a name to this life i've been living".

Anyway, I'm a 36 year old woman, married w/ kids. Been sober for almost 10 years. I think I've had this since I was a kid. I still have a hard time believing that everyone else doesn't feel the same way and have the same problems I do. I'm not sure I belong here. That's a lie. * sigh* Shit, I do belong here. I don't know. My most recent depression started during the first year after my kids were born, so I wonder if this may be ups and downs of motherhood or some weird form of PPD.

I have a scrip for Lamactil, I'm trying to decide if I want to take this first step and start meds. I kind of like me when I'm not depressed.

That's all.

Guest Vapourware

Hai and welcome to the boards. It can be hard acknowledging your dx at first, so allow yourself the time to let the information sink in. I find the dx is more of a description of your collective symptoms, rather than any type of box.

Remember to have a read of the rules and feel free to PM a staff member if you have any questions.

Welcome to Crazyboards!

Be sure to check out the Bipolar forum. You'll find that many of our members wrestle with the question of whether or not to take meds, and how many, etc. You may see yourself and your symptoms in some of the posts.

I'm glad you found us and I hope you find this place helpful.

olga

Archived