CrazyBoards.org

I don't know what's going on...feeling terrible

Hello again...it's been a while since I posted here, but I have been browsing occasionally. I can't seem to shake this anxiety thing. I pick the flesh on my fingers raw all day...every day. I can't sit still...I always have to be busy busy busy. Lately I have been staying up until 2, 3, 4 AM. Shopping, shopping, and more shopping. Not sure if I do it to keep busy to distract myself or if it's something else entirely. It doesn't seem to really make me feel better to actually acquire things, I actually usually feel very guilty about purchases. I think I like that my mind can be focused during my online sprees...as focused as can be for me. Racing thoughts, jumbled brain, too much to keep up with. Very irritable...small things manage to throw me over the edge. Not sure what the hell is wrong...anxiety?...depression?...something else? Started back with therapy 2 weeks ago...we'll see how that goes. Hopefully she can help me get this shit under control. Had an appointment with a new Pdoc the therapist referred me to...prescribed Celexa 10mg and Ambien to help me sleep...have never taken any meds for my crazy...so not sure if I will now. So confused...any thoughts or words of encouragment?..

Sorry that you are feeling terrible. I'm glad that you are seeing a doctor and a therapist and getting treatment. I'm sure that you'll be much better soon now that you are getting help. I must say that you are on a very low dose of Celexa. I used to take Celexa at 60 mg until it stopped working for me. It's a good med. But Lexapro (sort of a "purified" Celexa) is even better. You might ask your pdoc about that. Anyway, good luck!

Im sorry for what your going through...my whole weekend was spent the exact same way. Im on Effexor 37.5mg_it pulled me out of blackest depression and Im asking my pdoc tomorow

about Lamictal. I dont know what works for the racing thoughts and anxiety though...hang in there your not alone :wacko:

Hello again...it's been a while since I posted here, but I have been browsing occasionally. I can't seem to shake this anxiety thing. I pick the flesh on my fingers raw all day...every day. I can't sit still...I always have to be busy busy busy. Lately I have been staying up until 2, 3, 4 AM. Shopping, shopping, and more shopping. Not sure if I do it to keep busy to distract myself or if it's something else entirely. It doesn't seem to really make me feel better to actually acquire things, I actually usually feel very guilty about purchases. I think I like that my mind can be focused during my online sprees...as focused as can be for me. Racing thoughts, jumbled brain, too much to keep up with. Very irritable...small things manage to throw me over the edge. Not sure what the hell is wrong...anxiety?...depression?...something else? Started back with therapy 2 weeks ago...we'll see how that goes. Hopefully she can help me get this shit under control. Had an appointment with a new Pdoc the therapist referred me to...prescribed Celexa 10mg and Ambien to help me sleep...have never taken any meds for my crazy...so not sure if I will now. So confused...any thoughts or words of encouragment?..

It's possible that you're having a reaction to the Celexa. Being Bipolar rather than plain depression will illicit these systems. I would call and tell your pdoc what's going on so he/she can monitor you and change your meds if need be.

Thanks for all your replys...in a weird way it feels good to not be alone with how I feel. Sorry I didn't really clarify...I haven't begun taking the meds yet, just got prescription filled on Saturday. So there is definitely not any reaction to the meds...it's au natural at this point.. I will probably start taking them this week though...didn't really tell pdoc about the shopping...and I think she is kind of under the impression I just need a light sleeping aid to help me to fall asleep. She doesn't know that I don't feel tired at all...and usually I'm up online shopping or surfing the net.

Archived