CrazyBoards.org

I've been taking Ritalin for a few months now, and I've been noticing that it's not working as well as it did at first. I used to feel more alert...clearer I guess. It helped me be able to focus on my work and complete tasks without jumping around: task - internet - task - game, etc.. It still helps, just not like it used to. I'm only on 10mg so I'm assuming pdoc will bump up my dosage.

I'm just wondering if it's common for Ritalin to become less effective over time? I'm going to talk to pdoc about it obviously, but I'm just wondering if people tend to keep increasing the dosage when the current one stops working, or just switch to a different med.

*I meant to post this in the meds forum, so this probably needs to be moved....see, my concentration sucks!*

• 3 weeks later...

I've heard people say that when you are taking a stimulant, you may have to raise the dose a little. I think that's been true for me, although in my case the stimulants have been in the amphetamine family. But I don't think that you have to keep raising the dose unless you are a recreational user or something.

Archived