CrazyBoards.org

Good anxiety preventative?

I take clonazepam when i have severe anxiety but it appears nothing im on is good for preventing or easing anxiety. I dont find taking benzos regularly (ie 3x a day) to be helpful. Ive heard of buspar and neurontin or even a regular AD... Or should i just let it go? Im better than ive been but my anxiety is always present just the volume level changes. Thanks for any insight on your personal experiences :)

i take neurontin with my SNRI for the overall anxiety. benzos tend to lead me to drink, so my pdoc gave me some small amounts of seroquel to take for panic attacks. this was just last week and i haven't tried it out yet. good luck!

Other than taking pills ...and thank goodness we have them huh?

if you can find someone to help you learn guided imagery (you can actually borrow books and dvd's from the library on the subject so do not invest before you try it and see if it is for you)

I have found this to be the single best mental exercise to help with crippling panic attacks ..I had a wonderful doctor who actually was a family practice doc ..teach me to breath and visualize ..it is not perfect if you are in full blown panic it does not work

but it can help when you feel it coming on to just stop and breath then use imagery to take yourself to the other side of the panic attack

it is just a tool not the cure

I wish I could use this to imagine myself at the end of this winter!!! I have tried it works for about two minutes

I understand I have horrific panic attacks I am sorry you suffer this

Archived