CrazyBoards.org

effexor and my GODLY psych

ive been doing this dance for 10 years now and a couple of weeks ago i slit my wrists there has got to be a antideppresant out there that i can take but to be honest i dont know if i was cyling or in mania when i tried and it doesnt work no blood comes out and then your standing there like an idiot with your wrist slit

I've had really bad luck taking ADs, as in the past they have either triggered a manic/mixed/psychotic episode, even when taking mood stabilizers. My doctor stopped being willing to prescribe them for that reason-- which is understandable, I wasn't willing to take them for that reason! However, it finally got to the point that I needed to get shoved out of the pit yet again, and he prescribed Celexa. Once again, mixed state chaos & I went to the hospital. However, once I was off of it and home again, he decided to try a different class than I had tried before, and put me on a tricyclic AD. It's not as if life is a cake walk now, but I slowly pulling my shit together, and so far my mood hasn't veered too sharply in any dangerous direction. I am still pretty far down the food chain, but anyone would be with the life circumstances I've been dealt recently.

So, my rambling point is, maybe you could talk with your pdoc about all of the various classes of ADs, and see if there is something you can try that won't cause you problems. I'm not really sure what problems you had from ADs before...

i take seroquil, lithium,and now as of today effexor 75mg, valium, and for chronic back problems oxycodone 10/325 and morphine sulfate 15mg i jast had a physycal and all checked out except i have low testosterone and am now using a gel for that and i feel this is really important because low t can be a trigger for highs or lows

What meds are you currently taking? What does your pdoc suggest, if not effexor?

well i hadnt really spoke with him about this it was merely my expectation he tried to put me on this new drug called get this LATUDA and i had a really bad reaction so i personally went back to seroquil well yesterday i spoke with my doctor and got all that i wanted seroquil effexor and my rtestosterone was was very low so i was put on the gel

What meds are you currently taking? What does your pdoc suggest, if not effexor?

i take seroquil, lithium,and now as of today effexor 75mg, valium, and for chronic back problems oxycodone 10/325 and morphine sulfate 15mg i jast had a physycal and all checked out except i have low testosterone and am now using a gel for that and i feel this is really important because low t can be a trigger for highs or lows

What mg's are the other meds, and how long have you been on them? Were you ever stabilized on them?

I've had really bad luck taking ADs, as in the past they have either triggered a manic/mixed/psychotic episode, even when taking mood stabilizers. My doctor stopped being willing to prescribe them for that reason-- which is understandable, I wasn't willing to take them for that reason! However, it finally got to the point that I needed to get shoved out of the pit yet again, and he prescribed Celexa. Once again, mixed state chaos & I went to the hospital. However, once I was off of it and home again, he decided to try a different class than I had tried before, and put me on a tricyclic AD. It's not as if life is a cake walk now, but I slowly pulling my shit together, and so far my mood hasn't veered too sharply in any dangerous direction. I am still pretty far down the food chain, but anyone would be with the life circumstances I've been dealt recently.

So, my rambling point is, maybe you could talk with your pdoc about all of the various classes of ADs, and see if there is something you can try that won't cause you problems. I'm not really sure what problems you had from ADs before...

well to stand corrected i hadnt spoke with my pdoc until yesterday he did put me on effexor75mg and he took me off LATUDA which to i had a bad reaction and now back on my seroquil 50mg x 2 my trzadone as needed to sleep 50mg and he had ran blood and found my testoterone low so now im on the gel i take for chronic back pain oxycodone 10/325 an morphine sulfate 15mg i hope the effexor helps me with my GAD and SAD and the androgel for any hormal triggers

well to stand corrected i hadnt spoke with my pdoc until yesterday he did put me on effexor75mg and he took me off LATUDA which to i had a bad reaction and now back on my seroquil 50mg x 2 my trzadone as needed to sleep 50mg and he had ran blood and found my testoterone low so now im on the gel i take for chronic back pain oxycodone 10/325 an morphine sulfate 15mg i hope the effexor helps me with my GAD and SAD and the androgel for any hormal triggers

Are you dealing with with any Hypo or Manic symptoms right now (including cycling) or just depression?

Archived