CrazyBoards.org

Drug recall Citalopram

If you got pills from the affected lot, your pharmacy should contact you and ask you to bring them back in. You may want to call your pharmacy and check anyway.

Moved to antidepressants.

shit, i'm off citalopram as of four weeks ago... i wonder if any of mine were recalled. i still have the bottle but i can't tell who the manufacturer is. suppose it doesn't matter if i'm not taking them anymore. still, that's pretty scary.

Is it just the 10mg tablets? I want to make sure I understand this since I'm multitasking right now and I have a new bottle of 20mg pills right here.

Only the 10 mg tablets are recalled. If you have any doubts, you can call your pharmacy and check. They should have records of what lots were used to fill what prescriptions. I note that this recall was announced last Monday (March 28, 2011), so most pharmacies have probably already sent the affected stock back to their wholesalers (or at least pulled it off the shelves) and notified customers.

I just wanted to say I apologize and had second thoughts about posting this because of anxiety triggers..but sometimes you guys trigger me too with the way folks get drugs ....are a LOT of ways people get drugs on this board..not just through a regular pharmacy and not always with their names on the bottles ....you post you do it!!!

and that is why I felt compelled to post this ..not for the majority but for the minority few this is a PSA from an poorly contained Wondernut now

I get recalls all the time and honestly check my stock and move on

but I have read about folks ordering online and getting drugs from friends

and this post is meant for you mainly!!! Please stop it!!!

I know how desperate people can be to feel better

but this is the best example of why NO ONE should take drugs not Rx'd for them

I have been home sick for a week so yes I am late on this and most folks who go to pharmacies will be fine

so do those things and be safe

today a girl told me "oh my boyfriend is a nurse and got me two antibiotics for my ears" well fuck???? what kind where did they come from and could someone have mislabeled the bottle and this person will never know

case in point I will refrain from doing this again

stop taking other peoples meds and do not order shit online unless it is from a known pharmacy

Guest Recluse

I'm not sure what caused this sudden turn around, but why are you freaking out? If the choice is 'not post something that might trigger someone's anxiety' or 'give valuable information about a pertinent drug recall', isn't it pretty obvious which one you should be doing?

Calm down. I don't know what you're so upset about.

Nobody's criticizing you. This was a perfectly reasonable thing to talk about. Pharmacies are known to fuck up sometimes, and it doesn't hurt to mention this even if there's not a single person affected.

I just wanted to say I apologize and had second thoughts about posting this because of anxiety triggers..but sometimes you guys trigger me too with the way folks get drugs ....are a LOT of ways people get drugs on this board..not just through a regular pharmacy and not always with their names on the bottles ....you post you do it!!!

and that is why I felt compelled to post this ..not for the majority but for the minority few this is a PSA from an poorly contained Wondernut now

I get recalls all the time and honestly check my stock and move on

but I have read about folks ordering online and getting drugs from friends

and this post is meant for you mainly!!! Please stop it!!!

I know how desperate people can be to feel better

but this is the best example of why NO ONE should take drugs not Rx'd for them

I have been home sick for a week so yes I am late on this and most folks who go to pharmacies will be fine

so do those things and be safe

today a girl told me "oh my boyfriend is a nurse and got me two antibiotics for my ears" well fuck???? what kind where did they come from and could someone have mislabeled the bottle and this person will never know

case in point I will refrain from doing this again

stop taking other peoples meds and do not order shit online unless it is from a known pharmacy

My generic citalopram is $10 a month at 80mgs a day from Walgreens. Pretty much any GP will prescribe it. Why would anyone do anything shady to get their hands on it and why do you think they would be here?

I am sorry my point was confusing and rude ..It is not the ciltaopram it is drugs in general when I got this recall I had just read a post where someone had taken someone elses medication ..this happens a lot and folks talk about it freely ...either they order online or borrow drugs from friends ...this is just one crushing example about why people should not do that ...people post this off handishly and .."I tried my friends medication" or ordered drugs online ..really it is just so dangerous ..you know I had second thoughts as soon as I posted it and that I should explain and then when I did it sounded worse so if you want to pull this whole thread feel free

things are not great for me right now and really instead of posting when I am upset (and I am struggling and extremely upset in life right now..not about this but I am nuts so I am sure I do not have to explain that part to anyone here do I???) I should just shut the fuck up when I feel like this because I have a horrible time making any points

sorry

and yes most folks can get drugs for very littel the right routes..but they dont they take pills with reckless abandon thinking "I can try this it worked for my friend" in the end if there is a recall or something happens how do folks get notified ..and yes many many people order meds online ....from shady pharmacies ..people have said so ..not being able to get what they want from doctors ...

this was a shitty example of a point I should not have bothered to make ..please feel free to delete or whatever I shoudl not have done this post really it was an impulse to serve no end I guess

I feel like shit and am not a very likable person right now I know that and also know there is a better way to deal with my problems than ranting here about things I have no business ranting about

Ok.. I think I get what just happened here.

Wondernut, posting recalls is a good thing. It's to help people. Nobody was criticizing you for posting this. Aurochs did not say that your post was meaningless because of the pharmacy call system, in fact, he says quite the opposite further down. I get that this happened after your post, but that states his original intent. Again, saying that the pharmacies would let people know does not mean there was not a point to this post. You yourself pointed that out when you mentioned that people using this medication without the benefit of a call from the pharmacy should know about this. You have a valid point in saying that it's dangerous to take other's medications, for whatever reason, and I understand you wanting to make people aware of this even on this site because of the fact that some people just don't follow the rules. Yes, there was just a post with someone mentioning that, and apparently you hear that alot in real life. However, in spite of all of this, it's not fair to anyone here to state (intentionally or not) that taking medication which is not prescribed to you is the norm or at all supported in this site. Di and everyone else work hard to keep it that way, and for you to come across that way is, I think, hurtful and unfair. I don't believe you meant it this way, and if that's the case, just say so. Miscommunication happens. It's best when it's rectified.

If I in anyway misread this, feel free to correct me.

Edit: Ok, Di kinda beat me to it.. but do you understand what all of us are saying?

• 4 weeks later...

Archived