CrazyBoards.org

Normal to be too attached?

Guest Manontherun111

Guest Manontherun111

After a whole 5 minutes of my vehicle being on kijiji, some kid calls me and wants to buy it.

he came over and gave me a deposit, every thing is cool,

but as I am coming home ( for the last time) i begin having horrible feelings of guilt and abandonment over giving up my vehicle that has given me so much over the years,

I can't control my self now and im horribly upset by having to part with it. perhaps to the point of obsession. Intrusive thoughts of all the good times i had in there never happening again, and an overall feeling of ultimate doom, my chest feels tight aswell.

I cant decide if that is a bipolar thing and i need an adjustment, or if perhaps it is normal to feel this way,

god i hate not being able to tell if an emotion is "real" im sure some of you will know what i mean by that.

So. is it normal?

Is it ...rational? what do you do when feeling this way to calm down or forget about it?

Im considering illegal substances ( god its been so long) that is usualy a good sign for me that its BP related, but some confermation/storys/support would be great.

It sounds normal but a little extreme. Or so I thought until you said you were thinking about getting high to calm your emotions down. Yeah, gotta agree, that's usually a sign that bipolar is having a say. It's normal to be nostalgic over a vehicle remembering place gone, things done. But, that's usually not accompanied by over-powering emotions to the point of wanting to get high to mellow the feelings. Calling your pdoc tomorrow if your emotions haven't quieted is probably a pretty good idea.

I really feel for ya. About a few years ago I tried to trade in my beloved car for a car I wanted to drive. I had researched this particular car for months, so I know it wasn't an impulse buy. When they were running my credit at the dealership, I looked back at my old car and had this overwhelming emotion of guilt and love for my old car that I told the carsaleman to stop the transaction and I didn't want to go further. They unfortunately already had ran my credit, but it was so early in the process that I was able to run out and drive away as quickly as I came in.

Guest Manontherun111

My mood went friggin haywire late last night, up down all around. I guess I dont take stress well,

made an appt with Pdoc and he switched me back on lamactal ( devil shit bricks) and hopefully that helps.

still miss my car... i had to remove the sound system today that i spent 3 days installing and i just lost it. for a good hour i sat listening to music feeling shitty. then did the deed.

girr i wish i could have a normal range of emotions instead of too much and too little. but that is just too much to ask for i guess.

I would be traumatized, too, I love my old car. Everyone thinks I'm crazy to keep it, but it's fine for me. I hope you get through this as quick as possible, and sober if that's how you need to be. Glad you called the pdoc, it's best to nip things in the bud.

Archived