CrazyBoards.org

Stupid lolcat picture about schizophrenia...ugh!

hollywoodfreaks

One of my facebook friends just posted a lolcat picture that said "I may be schizophrenic...but at least we have each other". When will people realize that schizophrenia and DID are not the same fucking thing! I would post a comment, but she's nothing more than an acquaintance so it would definitely offend her.

I used to think that too, but of course I was MUCH younger. I'm not schizophrenic, but it does offend me. You SHOULD say something. I mean you don't have to be mean. Be like, "I'm not sure you knew this, but actually what that picture is describing is Dissociative Identity Disorder." Might make you look like a know-it-all, but you aren't being one...people might get hurt if they have schizophrenia and see that.

yah but ppl with DID dont they just have different persona's and the original person doesnt ussually no about them? so therefore the cat couldnt say "at least we have eachother" im pretty sure the cat does refer to schizophrenia (sp?) because of the "voices" as if another persons there with the original person....

Archived