CrazyBoards.org

I was wondering if anyone here has any recent experience with Latuda.....brand new AP.

I was RXd it this past week and I immediately experienced marked increase in anxiety and tremors in my hands. It also

seemed to make my mind race a mile a minute (not that I need any help in that).

I called the Pdoc's service today and he immediately said to stop the medication. Damn....this is another apparent

failed attempt at getting on something that will work. I seem overly sensitive to side effects on these atypicals.....

but this one took the cake. I'm still coming down from it.

Any experiences.......positive or negative with Latuda?

I'm on Latuda and very pleased with it. I've been on it for almost 2 weeks. I was in a mixed episode. I started on 40mg with little change, maybe a little more manic. The pdoc bumped it up to 80mg a day after 2 days. I am much better. It doesn't knock me out. I take it with dinner because you need to eat with it. I had been quite depressed for months then into a mixed episode and not sleeping. I feel like a new person. I'm sleeping normally. Fingers crossed!

Oreo :)

Guest rabies1313

i'm on it now for 5 days and i can not tell if it's working, the third night i was on it was not fun, my paranoia put up and i kinda freaked out. but since then i think it's starting to help but i'm not sure. lol if i stay home after i take it it's hard to get to sleep but if i go out then i start falling asleep where i am.

I hope this is the one i don't want to keeping trying out pill, i liked the tegretol but it gave me hives.

I have been on it over a month now and am on 80mg. 40mg did nothing for me and in fact felt too activating and made me worse with the mania. But I wasn't on a true mood stabilizer at the time either so...take from that what you will. Maybe it's the lithium that's helping now though and not the latuda. I'm not sure. Who knows!?

• 4 months later...

Just got it today. No directions.. So you take it at night? He told me to brake it in 1/2 40mg tablet, we are trying to get off cymbalta 30mg. Currently taking Xanax 1 mg 4 times a day, Ativan 2mg at night, Lunesta 3mg at night, Topamax 200mg a day, I am Bi polar, OCD, anxiety and have agoraphobia. Funny thing is I never have the depression side of Bi polar and never want to kill myself. I have been a cutter for more than 30yrs though. The sad thing is my son's father has has 6 failed attempts to take his life, my aunt was successful on Saturday and Sunday my 16yr old son OD on Humalog insulin with an attempt. So here I am trying to keep it together. So i really hope this new med LATUDA works. I have been on everything else.

AFAIK Latituda is not approved for depressive sx. It does seem to be more one of those activating/don't gain weight aaps, though, from what I can tell. It's really approved for nothing but schizophrenia right? I'm not sure if that means failed drug trials, or they just figured plenty of docs would try it off label or whatnot.

It's one I would stay far, far away from, but I do badly with the activating AAPs. Very badly. Both saphris and abilify were bad for me (abilify being the worst). This leads me to want to stay the hell away from geodon and latudia. Also, it is SO NEW.

I does have a fairly good side effect profile though, so it might be worth a shot, I guess. Very new, not much experience out there....

I'm happy with my tried and true risperdal, thank you.

Anna

• 3 weeks later...

Archived